I got a black widow egg sac

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
It hatched on my drive home it appears, theyre comin out. any tips?
they're in a small cup with a lid with micro holes in it, the egg sac was just at the bottom of the vial, seems to be stuck to the ground

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unless you want to go through the trouble of separating each and every one I recommend letting them cannibalize until there’s a reasonable number. Not only that but you will wind up with the most fit individuals.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
I could post a photo when I get home again, thought I did with the post, and yeah they suggested allowing cannibalization, but that seemed cruel

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I could post a photo when I get home again, thought I did with the post, and yeah they suggested allowing cannibalization, but that seemed cruel
It sounds cruel but it's not cruel... it happens in nature too

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If they are local to your area you could always release them, but otherwise it’s difficult to prevent cannibalism. I didn’t like the idea of it either back when I started breeding true spiders, but the survival rate of most species is lower than you’d expect, so the process is doing you a favor (especially when you breed a lot of spiders).

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
If they are local to your area you could always release them, but otherwise it’s difficult to prevent cannibalism. I didn’t like the idea of it either back when I started breeding true spiders, but the survival rate of most species is lower than you’d expect, so the process is doing you a favor (especially when you breed a lot of spiders).
There is probably no harm in releasing them if they are native. I mean, that terrible racist neighbor looks like they have too many bugs in their yard. You could be of assistance.