I found this very interesting ( P.murinus in nature)

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
That is one chill baboon. I nearly had a heart attack every time he cupped his hand right in front of it! :eek:

Great find!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That is one chill baboon. I nearly had a heart attack every time he cupped his hand right in front of it! :eek:

Great find!
Man what dropped my jaw was the tree he pulled it from.. That murinus is living like a pokie!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice size female that's for sure. The disposition, albeit during the day, was interesting too. Sure was a very one. The smaller one towards the end lived up to its species rep a bit hah.

Opportunistic for hides it seems too. I don't know the area but perhaps being in a tree was a better route than digging a burrow. Certainly prevents them from being stepped on, potentially crushed etc.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I don't know the area but perhaps being in a tree was a better route than digging a burrow. Certainly prevents them from being stepped on, potentially crushed etc.
Possibly the vibration from vehicle's on that "road" was enough to cause them to seek out a place higher up that they perceived as a little safer..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Off topic a little but is the black morph ever available? I think it's much more stunning than the gold variety..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Off topic a little but is the black morph ever available? I think it's much more stunning than the gold variety..
theres tons of black tarantulas, but ive yet to see another bright orange T. (besides Hapactira)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is awesome. Thanks for sharing that. I love seeing them in their natural habitat.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
theres tons of black tarantulas, but ive yet to see another bright orange T. (besides Hapactira)
There's O.phillippinus...

Orange is cool and all but I have worked with literally hundreds of orange obts in the exotics trade.. Constantly Pissed off orange spiders get old after awhile.. I want a constantly pissed off black spider :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Speaking of P.murinus, do you guys in the U.S have those morph easily in the trade?

tcf1.jpg

* picture belongs from one of Zalix (Northern Italian breeder/seller) "archives"