i found a black widow web in my garage how do i lure her out to be positive

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1. hold the crickets' back legs/butt with tweezers, so it struggles against the web but can't get away.
2. use a stick or your finger* to imitate a bug
3. wait until night, and go there with a flashlight. it should be hanging out in the middle of the web.

*careful :)

tom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
latrodectus capture

Try different insects like Lepidoptera or other orthroptera,maybe another spider,like Archearanea to attract the spider"s attention.you know the rest. Cheers,Tom

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it's easy to tell if it's a black widow web or not. Latrodectus silk is distictively strong. If you touch it with your fingers or the stick, and it IS a widow web, it will surprise you how strong it is. It should almost hold your finger back like fishing line when you push on it. Any other cob web/ comb footed spider won't hold up all that well. or you can just wait until dark and go out there with a flashlight.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
1. hold the crickets' back legs/butt with tweezers, so it struggles against the web but can't get away.
2. use a stick or your finger* to imitate a bug
3. wait until night, and go there with a flashlight. it should be hanging out in the middle of the web.

*careful :)
{D {D
i really liked the *careful* part...

Irks

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
use a piece of grass, relatively thick. The grass will keep you from applying too much pressure and scaring her. Touch the end you aren't holding to the web, and apply pressure in a similar way to a bug. On, off, with more struggling just after stopping struggling. She should come out pretty quick.

Waiting until night and using a flashlight is much easier though.