I finally did it.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
After all the years of being a staunch "Do not handle the arachnids and leave them be" person I have finally gotten up enough nerve to hold one of my tarantulas. The only one I trust the most to pick up is Gypsy, my E. campestratus. She is my most docile, seldom nippy or skittish tarantula. It has lead me to wonder whether Gypsy was frequently picked up before I came into possession of her. She's really used to the fact she's setting on my hand.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think I'm starting to fall in love with the Pink Zebra Beauty (Eupalastrus campestratus) breed as a whole. Poor Gypsy did not like going back into her enclosure at all. She's still propped up, clinging to the side of her tank as if she wants to be let back out.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aw. Congrates on the handling.
I never have troubles getting the terestrials back and settled into to their houses.
But the aboreals.
They just want to scramble back uop the arms, in the shirt, down the back, up the shirt, around the front, in the shirt. Hide in the cleavage and wait for another round of spastic body scrambling to begin.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I first bought my Pinktoe, she used to do this little run around the lip of the Petpal whenever I'd lift up the top to give her crickets or water. Arboreals are spastic little things. Even my Cinnamon Pinktoe sling does the spastic laps around the lid every once in awhile.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I've noticed that Gypsy seems happier now that I've started to handle her. She's not obsessed with trying to scale the walls of her tank. It was pretty funny last night what had happened. I had taken her out of her Pet Pal after I left the chat. She scurried around for a bit trying to find a comfortable position on my hand. After a minute of scoping out both of my hands, she settled herself down half on the palm of my left hand and half on my wrist of the same hand. I guess she liked the warmth all warm blooded creatures emit from their skin. She looked so calm and placid just lounging there. She then proceeded to................fall asleep right there.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice!

I used to hold my chilean rose a fair bit, until she hit the 6" mark and became pretty aggressive.

The only spider that I actually pick up is the versicolor now, it's harder to get it back into its home than its nest

I've held the curly hair once, then the second time i tried it bit the pencil that i tried to ease her out with so I havn't tried since.. :p

Hmm my pinktoe has left it's nest once in the past 5 months, that was this monday. That was only because a cricket went into it's nest aswell and scared it out... my family have dubbed th epinktoe "most boringest spider"