I feel bad for my T!!!!!!

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Avic Avic, I got her in December, bought her an Arboreal Cage, the only downfall its a top opening cage and she seems to like connecting her webbing to the door. Everytime i open it to feed/mist it ruins part of her web. Should i just no worry about this or is there a way i can make her SOMEHOW! not do this.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
basically she'll either keep making her web or move it if you feel bad for her and wanna fix it get a front loading tank like an exo terra tank or zoo med so that her web doesn't get messed up constantly or you can just keep her where she is it's a matter of preference really

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can you take a picture of the tank for us? We may be able to suggest something to make it work better. If you didn't spend a lot of money, could always get another home for it.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is a picture, I didnt spend much and i will probably buy her a new one when she gets bigger or when i buy another T.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You could try providing her with some structure to attach her web to near the top of the tank. Maybe a slab or tube of cork bark?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You could try providing her with some structure to attach her web to near the top of the tank. Maybe a slab or tube of cork bark?
The problem is the top opens. He'd be better off seeing if he can stand the container up. I know one side has holes in it, not sure what the other side is like.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well the stick you can see in cage was in a different position and she had the base of her web on that then kept attaching walls up connecting to the top so i lowered it to see if she would make her web on the stick a little bit lower....but as you can see she just decided to make a web in the corner where her old web used to be....I want to put a plant in but what is a SAFE! plant to put in?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

The problem is the top opens. He'd be better off seeing if he can stand the container up. I know one side has holes in it, not sure what the other side is like.
2 out of 4 sides have holes and the top. But if i turned it on its side it.....would it the height be high enough for a Arboreal?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The bad thing is the side you would need to stand it on is the opposite one of the side with holes in the picture. Which i'm assuming is the second side with holes.

Do you have a Walmart nearby? They have great 1gal upright containers there in the food storage section. There's a lip on the inside of the jugs, below the screw on caps, which works wonderfully for Avics.

What I used to house my P. murinus in:

Now it houses my 3" Avic. sp. Her webbing is inside the jug, just below the lip.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If i decide to get another Avic which i might they have one in the petstore for 35 and she is like 4inches i actually dont know if it is a she...i might but to the point. If i get another one i will be buying one of those instead of this HORRIBLE excuse for a Arboreal change....For my first T i will have to learn from making the mistake oh yeah, but she has been well taken care of and seems happy a little skittish bit not to bad. always eats when i feed her she seems to like the hunt more then me just giving her crickets. she ate her first super worm yesterday. I put it at the top of her web and she went and snatched it up 30 seconds later.........Will she eat a super worm a day? or every otherday? or should i switch it up with crickets.....one day a crick 2 days later a super worm?

riofebdinan12

Arachnopeon
The bad thing is the side you would need to stand it on is the opposite one of the side with holes in the picture. Which i'm assuming is the second side with holes.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well if you get tired of the webbing issue, those things are only about $2. I've got 2.5" P. regalis to my 4" H. maculata in them.

1-2 crickets or a super worm a week should suffice for it.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No the Side with the hinge is on a side with no holes so it could be on the bottom.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Well if you get tired of the webbing issue, those things are only about $2. I've got 2.5" P. regalis to my 4" H. maculata in them.

1-2 crickets or a super worm a week should suffice for it.
She likes yo eat lol, i think she might be a female....but im not sure i looked at the bottom but was really hard to tell. and doesn't seem to have long legs...so i THINK its a female.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the T has material to web to near the top of the enclosure, it may choose that rather than the lid itself. I've had some success doing this with Avics. Trust me, your T will find a cork bark tube to be a very attractive hide. Just an option. As other have pointed out, an enclosure that doesn't open from the top is a sure fire way to nix the problem.

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try cutting out some triangles in plastic (like the kind you get when you buy something in a nifty plastic case thing) and glue it to to edges of the enclosure right under the lid. This should keep her from webbing the corners.

And is that a spounge in the watter bowel?

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like the Idea of cutting out plastic triangle. and a better view of everything. should have taken it from this angle to begin with....

Attachments

Last edited: