I dropped my sling

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
ah i'm in the exact situation as you were. my sling lost four legs and one of their pedipalps is deformed and unusable. you didn't have to make any accomidations for them to hunt? maybe my enclosure is too large or something...
Nope, didn't need to do things differently or make changes. I fed her with pre-killed to get her to molt sooner though. But that wasn't necessary too, since she molted a month ahead of schedule all by herself. I would just put a mealie at the entrance of her tube, and it would be gone by morning.

It is not like caring for mammal pets at all, who would need a lot more care in this situations, if they would survive at all.
It takes some getting used to, to realise they don't need us at all, except for food and water. :D

samsonblue

Arachnopeon
@ 3/4" any t is a capable hunter.

Post pics of the set up.

Either your floor space is way too cluttered, which gives crickets a place to hide (versicolor enclosure should have no floor clutter, it should be elevated), or you're just feeding crickets that are too large. I can guarantee you don't need to move them to get them to eat. Versicolor, even smaller slings than yours, are excellent hunters.
heres a pic of the enclosure

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That container looks waaay larger than I would use. No wonder it can't find its food.
It almost looks small enough to fit trough the vents..
I would rehouse in something that is half the size if this. Put the bark in and some fake leaves and a waterdish. Create cross ventilation by adding holes in the opposite sides of it.
That's what I would do ;)

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I know it's common to remove a snake from its enclosure for feeding, but not a Tarantula. Lesson learned. Glad you dodged a bullet.

samsonblue

Arachnopeon
That container looks waaay larger than I would use. No wonder it can't find its food.
It almost looks small enough to fit trough the vents..
I would rehouse in something that is half the size if this. Put the bark in and some fake leaves and a waterdish. Create cross ventilation by adding holes in the opposite sides of it.
That's what I would do ;)
will a tall delicup work?