I dreamed a dream

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
I've had plenty of T-related dreams since starting the hobby. Sadly, it's normally that they escape/they're super spiteful and out to kill me. I'm a former wuss when it comes to spiders but I hold no fear against mine, so it's a weird state of affairs.

Last night's dream was different however, as my mind was clearly excited about the arrival of new T's the day after (pleased to say they are all safe and well, and none have tried to kill me... Yet. Thank you Creatures From The North!). In this one, my new guys arrived, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Boxes and boxes of T's/Scorps/Dubias/Crickets/True spiders, and... a cat onesie? The weirdest thing was they were all mixed in together and I couldn't separate them without squishing them, but the extremely large T's (and also extremely venemous) kept escaping and I'd find them all over my house whilst trying to hide it from my family.

After this fiasco, I decide I'm going to go to what is essentially a tarantula Summer Camp - 6 months away just chilling with T's and other hobbyists. I'm in the cab, realise I haven't unpacked my T's, my social anxiety rears its head, and I have to return home. For fear of people, and for fear of being the first one to be tagged in front of everyone.

I don't know either.

Share your dreams!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
My spider dreams always revolve around me realizing I have two spiders in a cage and haven't separated them for a while. I get super anxious and then wake up.

For example, recently I dreamed I had a young Pelinobius muticus still in its shipping container in an AF Aphonopelma seemanni enclosure. I do not own any Aphonopelma :rolleyes:

Just two days ago I remembered one of my af P ornata was still living with its sibling and I really needed to separate them. I only have one af ornata.

Lobstersign

Arachnopeon
So a little context to this dream because it revolved around work. Before covid I use to work for the fisheries and collect data on fishing boats. How my job worked is that I would be on rotation for 24 days then get a week off. When on rotation I would be sent to a port house rented by the company and say with other people who had the same job.

In my dream I had just arrived at the port house and there was another person there. She was super worried that I was there because she brought her cat with her (we aren't allowed pets ) and thought I would report her. I told her I wouldn't report her if she didn't report me. I then open my suitcase and inside with all my clothes was a brachypelma smithi the size of a dinner plate.

It eventually got out and ran and hid somewhere and the rest of my dream was me and the girl trying to find it while I cursed about not bringing its enclosure with me.

Why am I dumb in my dreams?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Usually freaking out because I realize two are somehow in one in enclosure or sometimes one in a crazy unsuitable enclosure.

Dead Blue Deer

Arachnopeon
My T dreams usually revolve around me realizing I've got several that I've forgotten about and haven't fed/watered in months. Though last night I had a dream that I was sold a pokie as a "beginner" species and I literally made this face in my dream when I realized :eek:

Cheeka the Spooder

Arachnopeon
didnt have a dream bout my Ts but i did have one bout dis octopus i used to have. After it died i had a nightmare about it. I dreamed about the octopus inside my cabinets and having a seisure of smthin it was waaacckkkyy. I couldnt move and it frigin suuuuckckcked

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Had a dream once that I discovered I owned a new species of T, it was the colour of a GBB but had all the fluff of a T. albo. And it was in my shower. And I've had more than I can count where one of my Ts gets out, falls and dies, moults wrong and dies, gets into another's enclosure and dies, someone reaches their hand in to pick them up and drops them, etc.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Last night.
Dreamed that my oldest avic was in death curl and almost gone.
I flipped her over and she had no fangs or mouthparts at all.
Weird.
Better not mean anything.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I hope not too! How old is she?
Not sure. I got her a couple years ago but she was almost grown then.
She's totally fine but I think that because she hasn't eaten since her last molt, my mind threw some paranoia into the mix of dream time. Lol

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
I once had a dream that I was breeding my lp (not sure why, I don't want thousands of slings) and then I found out that they were both female? Then one ate the other and I was stressed out and then somthing to do with a scorpion (I'm not good at remembering dreams)

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I know this is an older thread, but I literally just woke up in a sweat from a dream.

My gbb somehow ended up in my A. Kwitara’s enclosure and they were starting to appear to what looked like the beginnings of mating. There was no thrashing or attacking. I was sitting on the floor with two random people when I frantically jumped up to grab the enclosure and tongs. One of the people helped wrangle the avic while I got the gbb. They both came out fine, then I woke up.

I don’t even do sleep overs, no idea who the peeps were. And how the heck did the gbb get into the avic enclosure? I don’t remember actual dreams or details for the longest time. Maybe it symbolized me hooking up and having second thoughts. So random and nobody got lucky, what a waste.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Oh boy do i have a few dreams to share

Like everybody here,i always dream of my tarantulas ending up in each other's enclosure. This one seems to be the most common one. Its kind of funny that it happens to everyone here

Dream 1:
Context for the dream: I had a N.chromatus male,and i kind of wanted a female of this species badly so i was slightly dissapointed that it was a male (He's dead now sadly,after his failed encounter with my friend's female)
This dream was a couple of months ago,and in the dream i remember looking at my Tarantulas. At that point i reminded myself of how the chromatus was a male after all and i was bummed. Then i remembered that i left a plastic box of spare tarantulas outside...in my backyard. I remember having a box with spare pulchra slings,spare versicolors and a plastic box full of 3 inch juvenile N.chromatus'. So i cracked open the box-o-chromatus and began flipping every tarantula over so i can find a female. Then i wondered - why didnt i just take a female out of the box in the first place instead of spending so many months feeding and taking care of my male while the rest of the chromatus' were freezing out there and being hungry?

Dream 2:
Of course,the co-habiting dream,but this goes extra lengths - instead of my tarantulas accidentally ending up in each other's enclosure,i dreamed that i was making an ultra communal - my whole collection in one enclosure. A corner of the enclosure for heavy webbers - versicolor,balfouri,OBT's.....and a corner for terrestrials so they can all dig around. I housed every tarantula in,and i found myself trying to micromanage where every tarantula goes so they dont come into contact with each other and feast on one another. Then it came into my mind - why did i make this in the first place? I tried to push my versicolor away from the balfouri because they kept webbing over each other's webbings. Then i started removing the tarantulas. As i tried to chase one out of the enclosure,another one came running out of the enclosure or getting eaten by another tarantula. Chaos :lol:

Dream 3:
This one is the coolest dream i had about tarantulas and my god i wish it were true. I dreamt that my 1.5 inch B.emilia molted into a....10+ inch giant. In a single molt. I found the little molt in the corner of the enclosure with a massive B.emilia in the middle. The carapace alone was like 3 inches long. It looked damn majestic. But it had a TINY abdomen because it molted from 1.5 inch. That made absolute sense in my dream. And the silliest thought i had in that moment in the dream was : "Ah,its still just a juvenile,it has much more to grow"...did i want a 2ft long B.emilia or something? :rofl:

Dream 4:
I was in my bathroom. (I always find Pholcids walk around my bathroom so i guess i relate bathroom to spiders) And in the corner of the bathroom i spot a tarantula and a burrow. It was an A.chalcodes male drumming in front of the burrow,with the big female slowly crawling out. I watched them do the deed in my bahtroom and then i scooped the female to keep for my collection. I live nowhere near A.chalcodes and i've never seen one for sale where i live

Dream 5:
This was the most recent one. At first,i was going into a big abandoned house. It was full of cobweb all around. But in the corners and where the wall meets the floor,there were holes webbed over filled with all kinds of tarantulas. As i flashed my flashlight towards each one of the holes,i kept finding cool spiders everywhere. From a tarantula-sized Dysderidae,to giant wolf spiders (i wish this was true). And as i approached each one of the holes,the house somehow turned to a tight place under a bed (??). Still made sense in my dream. Then in the far right corner i found a tarantula burrow. In my dream,it was a H.gigas. Then everything changed to a desert because i guess i relate H.gigas to africa :lol: Then i was happy that i finally have a H.gigas and then i woke up. Then i decided,im going to get a H.gigas. I'm picking it up on Saturday

Last edited:

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had one I think it was the night before. I dreamt about an A. seemanni (Don't have one) that escaped somehow and it made its way out of my bedroom and into the living room. As I began to search for it, the power went out. Imagine my panic trying to fumble for the flashlight, only to find it hiding under a reclining chair. I woke up afterwards and I checked on my Ts groggily, all were present in their enclosures and chilling, but no seemanni. Oh well...

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I had one I think it was the night before. I dreamt about an A. seemanni (Don't have one) that escaped somehow and it made its way out of my bedroom and into the living room. As I began to search for it, the power went out. Imagine my panic trying to fumble for the flashlight, only to find it hiding under a reclining chair. I woke up afterwards and I checked on my Ts groggily, all were present in their enclosures and chilling, but no seemanni. Oh well...
Check with @vicareux . Might have one in the many spare plastic tarantula boxes. Text code DREAM 1 and I’m sure you’ll be all set.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Oh boy do i have a few dreams to share

Like everybody here,i always dream of my tarantulas ending up in each other's enclosure. This one seems to be the most common one. Its kind of funny that it happens to everyone here

Dream 1:
Context for the dream: I had a N.chromatus male,and i kind of wanted a female of this species badly so i was slightly dissapointed that it was a male (He's dead now sadly,after his failed encounter with my friend's female)
This dream was a couple of months ago,and in the dream i remember looking at my Tarantulas. At that point i reminded myself of how the chromatus was a male after all and i was bummed. Then i remembered that i left a plastic box of spare tarantulas outside...in my backyard. I remember having a box with spare pulchra slings,spare versicolors and a plastic box full of 3 inch juvenile N.chromatus'. So i cracked open the box-o-chromatus and began flipping every tarantula over so i can find a female. Then i wondered - why didnt i just take a female out of the box in the first place instead of spending so many months feeding and taking care of my male while the rest of the chromatus' were freezing out there and being hungry?

Dream 2:
Of course,the co-habiting dream,but this goes extra lengths - instead of my tarantulas accidentally ending up in each other's enclosure,i dreamed that i was making an ultra communal - my whole collection in one enclosure. A corner of the enclosure for heavy webbers - versicolor,balfouri,OBT's.....and a corner for terrestrials so they can all dig around. I housed every tarantula in,and i found myself trying to micromanage where every tarantula goes so they dont come into contact with each other and feast on one another. Then it came into my mind - why did i make this in the first place? I tried to push my versicolor away from the balfouri because they kept webbing over each other's webbings. Then i started removing the tarantulas. As i tried to chase one out of the enclosure,another one came running out of the enclosure or getting eaten by another tarantula. Chaos :lol:

Dream 3:
This one is the coolest dream i had about tarantulas and my god i wish it were true. I dreamt that my 1.5 inch B.emilia molted into a....10+ inch giant. In a single molt. I found the little molt in the corner of the enclosure with a massive B.emilia in the middle. The carapace alone was like 3 inches long. It looked damn majestic. But it had a TINY abdomen because it molted from 1.5 inch. That made absolute sense in my dream. And the silliest thought i had in that moment in the dream was : "Ah,its still just a juvenile,it has much more to grow"...did i want a 2ft long B.emilia or something? :rofl:

Dream 4:
I was in my bathroom. (I always find Pholcids walk around my bathroom so i guess i relate bathroom to spiders) And in the corner of the bathroom i spot a tarantula and a burrow. It was an A.chalcodes male drumming in front of the burrow,with the big female slowly crawling out. I watched them do the deed in my bahtroom and then i scooped the female to keep for my collection. I live nowhere near A.chalcodes and i've never seen one for sale where i live

Dream 5:
This was the most recent one. At first,i was going into a big abandoned house. It was full of cobweb all around. But in the corners and where the wall meets the floor,there were holes webbed over filled with all kinds of tarantulas. As i flashed my flashlight towards each one of the holes,i kept finding cool spiders everywhere. From a tarantula-sized Dysderidae,to giant wolf spiders (i wish this was true). And as i approached each one of the holes,the house somehow turned to a tight place under a bed (??). Still made sense in my dream. Then in the far right corner i found a tarantula burrow. In my dream,it was a H.gigas. Then everything changed to a desert because i guess i relate H.gigas to africa :lol: Then i was happy that i finally have a H.gigas and then i woke up. Then i decided,im going to get a H.gigas. I'm picking it up on Saturday
First you win longest quote I’ve done. 😆 That’s awesome you remember those, I rarely remember my dreams, if I have them I forget shortly after. I first thought the first dream was about a box of lego tarantulas, lol. The 10”+ B. Emilia amd the super communal 😳. Emilia is on my wish list but not that big, haha. And nice about picking up the H. gigas this week.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Check with @vicareux . Might have one in the many spare plastic tarantula boxes. Text code DREAM 1 and I’m sure you’ll be all set.
As awesome as it would be, he/she is in Serbia, I'm in Canada. Plus I'm out of room for more :p It would be neat, but we'll have to pass.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
First you win longest quote I’ve done. 😆 That’s awesome you remember those, I rarely remember my dreams, if I have them I forget shortly after. I first thought the first dream was about a box of lego tarantulas, lol. The 10”+ B. Emilia amd the super communal 😳. Emilia is on my wish list but not that big, haha. And nice about picking up the H. gigas this week.
Im pretty sure somewhere else on this forum i've posted about a few more dreams about tarantulas that i've had...the funniest of which being a Lasiodora parahybana in a bird cage thats spinning in a circle off of a thread of web at a high speed.

I usually remember most of my dreams. Last night i dreamt of a whole game and its gameplay and game mechanics...im inspired to learn unity just to make that game into reality
Maybe even a tarantula keeping simulator for a mobile phone,something like 'pocket frogs' is :lol:

Last edited: