• Probably yup.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Probably nope.

Votes: 52 98.1%

• Total voters

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As some other members have said there is no way in a million years that is a GBB it never will be, no how, no way etc. it could be Brachypelma, Lasiodora etc.

If you paid for a GBB get your money back for the spider plus shipping cost of it was shipped to you. You wait to long what's going to happen is you snooze you loose.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I noticed that and decided that it was its circulatory system beneath the exo. Could be wrong. But I have a picture of one of my other slings that shows a similar faint marking, and it isn't a GBB.

LindseyG

Arachnopeon
Thank you everyone for the replies.

An email had been sent with the image attached, but no reply as of yet.

If it does end up being an LP fine. They are still nice looking spiders. Whatever it is I hope it grows well, and stays healthy regardless of sp.

I'll post an update as soon as it molts for me lol

Fingers crossed they get my email and send me a GBB. Had my heart set.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Yes, many spiderlings will show those markings to a different extent - especially when they are in pre-moult.
Eauthlus sp. Red.
_DSC9978-2.jpg

Lasiodora difficilis pre-moult.
_DSC8825-2.jpg

Lasiodora difficils post moult.
_DSC9356-2.jpg

dopamine

Arachnobaron
what are those slings?
x2 H. gigas, P. cancerides, N. carapoensis, x2 H. maculata, B. albopilosum.
Ok well you may be right from what I see on google. I still don't see it on mine lol.
The pattern on OP's spider does look more pronounced than other slings though.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
x2 H. gigas, P. cancerides, N. carapoensis, x2 H. maculata, B. albopilosum.
Ok well you may be right from what I see on google. I still don't see it on mine lol.
The pattern on OP's spider does look more pronounced than other slings though.
Some species you may not see it but it doesn't mean that they don't have it. For example Grammostola porteri, rosea, sp. "North" etc. you'll never see it cause of the way their outer body is.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I also have many slings with the same markings as the OP's sling. B. smithi, LP, P. sazimai, a geniculata, and N. chromatus to name a few.

cold blood

Staff member
I'll just have to wait and see. I ordered it through a store that ordered it from a breeder. Asked the store if there was anything we could do and he just said no.

I'm going to try to push the issue in a few days, or maybe once it molts again.

$20 mystery sling isnt so bad I guess.
The faster you react the better, you should be getting what you paid for. If you went to the ford dealer to buy a mustang and they rolled out a festiva, you wouldn't go, "oh well, i'll keep it, maybe I will like it". Same thing here....you bought a really beautiful, desirable t, and were likely given a dime a dozen freebie type t instead....its practically a mugging.

95% sure that is an LP sling. At least you only paid $20 for it...
At least? An Lp sling is worth $5...TOPS! I would expect 5 LPs for $20

I'm only going to go as far as it being a new world terrestrial and that is it. :)
In a nutshell, that's as much as anyone can say for certain.

View attachment 224629 Lol why the disagreement xD
It DOES have the faint markings of a GBB on the abdomen.
No, it doesn't...its not even a little teeny tiny bit close to a GBB.

Odd, I have 7 slings with no sign of those markings on them.
Then they're either a little too large, or you're just not looking close enough. That's the ts heart essentially, I personally guarantee every sling you or I have, has this, its not any more unique to a species than a heart is to a human.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Doesn't look like one. Although it does seem to have some of the faint markings on it's abdomen.
The disagrees were because you are wrong, nothing personal. The thin lines you are referring as part of the vasculature.

Have you looked at GBB slings yet?? ;)

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
If it's an LP sling, you paid too much.

On the bright side, you didn't pay nearly enough for a GBB sling. I can't remember ever seeing a GBB sling for $20. $35-45 is normal.
Oh the american prices :p here they are under 10€ a piece

As for the T it does look like a Lasiodora sp. You should try to get s refund

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
If it's an LP sling, you paid too much.

On the bright side, you didn't pay nearly enough for a GBB sling. I can't remember ever seeing a GBB sling for $20. $35-45 is normal.
Just bought a GBB for $25 last week and yes it is a GBB. It has the black and blond legs with the unmistakable pattern on it abdomen.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
There must be a rash of this sortt of thing going around. I'm a bit suspicious about the G. pulchra tsling I just bought. It has roughly the right colouration, but I'm still concerned...any opinions? I paid out $250 for the little guy and I hope I got what I paid for!

m_IMG_5948crop.jpg