I don't know who should move in

BonnieBeans

Arachnopeon
I've received the little-bitty (8x8x8) exo-terra enclosure and I'd like to use it for a juvenile terrestrial beastie.

The mesh top will be replaced with acrylic before anyone moves in.

My options are:
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Grammostolas..pulchra or iheringi
Brachypelma smithi

I'm leaning toward my GBB.... or the smithi.... or should I save it for a different species?

20161231_175539.jpg 20161231_175744.jpg

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
While the webbing would look nice from a C.cyanopunescense i feel the 8x8x8 is too big for a sling, and by the time it was large enough to be rehoused into this enclosure it would only have a short while before it outgrew the enclosure. (Since they grow rather quickly) the brachy or pulchra would be better suited if this enclosure is the main attribute defining your purchase.

BonnieBeans

Arachnopeon
While the webbing would look nice from a C.cyanopunescense i feel the 8x8x8 is too big for a sling, and by the time it was large enough to be rehoused into this enclosure it would only have a short while before it outgrew the enclosure. (Since they grow rather quickly) the brachy or pulchra would be better suited if this enclosure is the main attribute defining your purchase.
My GBB is a small juvenile... about 2.25 inches. So yes, you are correct it'd outgrow it very soon. My grammostolas are 2 inches each... pulchras are super slow, while the iheringi is much much faster. My B. smithi is about 3 inches ...ish...

I don't mind holding out for a different T but I almost always get slings... and I kinda want to use it soon.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Well the two inch pulchra would be alright in there for some years lol. Just gotta re decorate it a bit. :happy: