I don't know what tank to get someone help

Zweck

Arachnopeon
Hey I just got a pink toe tarantula it's my first tarantula, would this tank be good for it or no? Right now it's in a normal 10 gallon tank witch I don't think is good for it idk..

Attachments

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Yes an acrylic enclosure is a great way to go . They are expensive but I think they look very nice . The problem with a glass aquarium is that is avics require good cross ventilation and aquariums aren't conducive to that . Also if you have a screen top on that tank then that is bad for your T . They can get hung up on the screen and become injured . Tall clear cylindrical spaghetti containers are an economical alternative to the "nice" acrylic enclosures , however you have to drill the vent holes yourself .

Last edited:

Zweck

Arachnopeon
Yes an acrylic enclosure is a great way to go . They are expensive but I think they look very nice . The problem with a glass aquarium is that is avics require good cross ventilation and aquariums aren't conducive to that . Also if you have a screen top on that tank then that is bad for your T . They can get hung up on the screen and become injured . Tall clear cylindrical spaghetti containers are an economical alternative to the "nice" acrylic enclosures , however you have to drill the vent holes yourself .
Alright I'll order that one but will my t be okay until it arrives here? Probably like 4 days total... It's already been in there for like 2.. I'll attach a pic of what it's in right now.

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Alright I'll order that one but will my t be okay until it arrives here? Probably like 4 days total... It's already been in there for like 2.. I'll attach a pic of what it's in right now.
It will manage. I would put the half log on its end, with the hole to the glass or plants. That way, the spider can at least get a little cover. Keep a good eye on it though, that screen can do some serious damage. What some people do as a TEMPORARY measure is taping the outer rim of the screen from the inside (sticky side away from spider!), creating a barrier for the spider so it can't easily reach the screen from the sides. Don't know how well this works, but it is maybe worth a try.

Zweck

Arachnopeon
It will manage. I would put the half log on its end, with the hole to the glass or plants. That way, the spider can at least get a little cover. Keep a good eye on it though, that screen can do some serious damage. What some people do as a TEMPORARY measure is taping the outer rim of the screen from the inside (sticky side away from spider!), creating a barrier for the spider so it can't easily reach the screen from the sides. Don't know how well this works, but it is maybe worth a try.
Alright thank you and the one encloser that I showed that I'm ordering it's large enough and everything right? Even for when it's an adult?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
="Zweck, post: 2565486, member: 117700"]Alright thank you and the one encloser that I showed that I'm ordering it's large enough and everything right? Even for when it's an adult?
Like i told you in your other thread, read the info in the link I provided.

cold blood

Staff member
How big is the t you are putting in it? Without this info we cant tell you which size or if either is good. The larger one is great, but ONLY if its an adult.

Zweck

Arachnopeon
How big is the t you are putting in it? Without this info we cant tell you which size or if either is good. The larger one is great, but ONLY if its an adult.
It is probably about 3 to 3 and a half inches maybe a little less or more but it still has some time to grow. Here's a not so good picture haha

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why would you setup a terrestrial styled home for an arboreal T? Are you aware that Avics are arboreal? I don't believe you know this. Please do A LOT of research on this forum, NOT CARESHEETS for Avics. Caresheets KILL tarantuals, esp Avics.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey I just got a pink toe tarantula it's my first tarantula, would this tank be good for it or no? Right now it's in a normal 10 gallon tank witch I don't think is good for it idk..
There are 6 enclosures in that picture, which one are you buying? I can't assume you uploaded the correct description in the second image.