I dislike Fed Ex (a lot)

psykoink

Arachnopeon
So hows this.... I buy a "real" Theraphosa blondi and pay for overnight shipping. The seller does all the right things, sends the tracking number, follows up with everything, excellent transaction. 2 different orders from 2 different dealers in California get sent to the same airport, get off the ground together, end up at the same airport for transfer together, then Fed Ex decides there is no room on the outbound flight to NY from Indianapolis for one of my packages so they pick one and guess what? The Theraphosa blondi gets to stay in Indianapolis tonight and my other shippment is unpacked and eating right now. Wanna talk about being totally stressed. This is why when I used to ship reptiles to anyone I sent them Delta Dash, same day service. You know what, never one single issue. So now my heart is in my mouth because its the real deal this time and I am concerned about the worst case scenario. I could have gotten 100 of the other ones that made it at anytime, but the one I cant get gets stuck overnight. Thank you Fed Ex. Your the best.

Cbarr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It should be fine temps in Indiana r perfect for priority shipping;) gl

C

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That kind of thing will make me crazy, you PAID for one day! Why can they take longer!? Will they charge you accordingly to what you got? Because I think paying for overnight and and then having it come late is horrrrrrible, and I bet it happens alot!:embarrassed:

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have ALWAYS had problems with FedEx...
they just never get it right. can't stand the company.
I've seen drivers literally drive up with the notice ready for a failed attempt.
They won't even try sometimes. I've been shipping for many years and steer clear of them.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Pardon me for asking, but I noticed on several posts chatting about T. blondi's the people usually add a moniker of "real deal" am I correct in assuming that maybe this genus had been combined with another? Also how do I know that when I purchase one it is the real deal, I am only asking because I recently added this T to my "wish list". thank you.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Call FedEx and let them know it is a live animal shipment. Depending on the rep you get on the phone, they may try to expedite it for you. Your seller should also be able to file a claim for reimbursement on the charges since they aren't meeting the guaranteed arrival time for the shipment.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So hows this.... I buy a "real" Theraphosa blondi and pay for overnight shipping. The seller does all the right things, sends the tracking number, follows up with everything, excellent transaction. 2 different orders from 2 different dealers in California get sent to the same airport, get off the ground together, end up at the same airport for transfer together, then Fed Ex decides there is no room on the outbound flight to NY from Indianapolis for one of my packages so they pick one and guess what? The Theraphosa blondi gets to stay in Indianapolis tonight and my other shippment is unpacked and eating right now. Wanna talk about being totally stressed. This is why when I used to ship reptiles to anyone I sent them Delta Dash, same day service. You know what, never one single issue. So now my heart is in my mouth because its the real deal this time and I am concerned about the worst case scenario. I could have gotten 100 of the other ones that made it at anytime, but the one I cant get gets stuck overnight. Thank you Fed Ex. Your the best.
Wait a minute this may be happening to me, my tracking says mine is in Indianapolis and mine is the "Real" T. blondi also....bought from the same dealer I am sure. I wonder if mine is messed up to?

It said scheduled delivery date is by 3:00 today, but the tracking say is is still in Indianapolis and I live in illinois?

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Call FedEx and let them know it is a live animal shipment. Depending on the rep you get on the phone, they may try to expedite it for you. Your seller should also be able to file a claim for reimbursement on the charges since they aren't meeting the guaranteed arrival time for the shipment.
Might not be the best thing.. They will ask what it is and there are rules and regulations against spiders, at least their used to be.

I'm sure others can debate this for now since I have to check out for some hours here but I know there was great debate with the carriers including the USPS about T's in the mail. Bee's are fine and other things but they strictly had something in there about "venomous" animals and they categorized T's in that as well.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
I actually spoke to the seller, he didnt seem too worried. What kills me about it all is that Fed Ex is going to credit the seller for the shipping cost that "I" already paid for. Even after I explained its a live cargo the answer I got was "The plane will be leaving when the plane leaves". I swear if I was standing in front of them at the time that was said I am sure they would have said something totally different, in fact I guarantee it. I cant say what I want to on here but its funny the things someone will say when the person isnt standing right their.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Wait a minute this may be happening to me, my tracking says mine is in Indianapolis and mine is the "Real" T. blondi also....bought from the same dealer I am sure. I wonder if mine is messed up to?

It said scheduled delivery date is by 3:00 today, but the tracking say is is still in Indianapolis and I live in illinois?
Rob,

I guarantee it being that we ordered from the same guy. I swear I am gonna hit the roof if that package comes in DOA tomorrow. Mine said delivery today by 3 also, I live in NY.

Chris

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Might not be the best thing.. They will ask what it is and there are rules and regulations against spiders, at least their used to be.

I'm sure others can debate this for now since I have to check out for some hours here but I know there was great debate with the carriers including the USPS about T's in the mail. Bee's are fine and other things but they strictly had something in there about "venomous" animals and they categorized T's in that as well.
I work in the pet industry and and am directly involved with shipping 300+ animal shipments per week through Fedex, many including spiders. The advice I gave is based on what we do when one of our packages gets stuck somewhere. Depending on the rep you get on the phone, they will either give you a hard time about it being animals, or they will help you. If necessary, call back until you get a helpful person on the line.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Pardon me for asking, but I noticed on several posts chatting about T. blondi's the people usually add a moniker of "real deal" am I correct in assuming that maybe this genus had been combined with another? Also how do I know that when I purchase one it is the real deal, I am only asking because I recently added this T to my "wish list". thank you.
There is a debate as to what the "real" Theraphosa blondi is. There are physical characteristics that seperate the species into 3 seperate types. The ones that Rob and I ordered are the "real" T. blondi, not T. sp burgndy or T. apophysis. Look up the 3 and you will clearly see the difference.

Chris

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Rob,

I guarantee it being that we ordered from the same guy. I swear I am gonna hit the roof if that package comes in DOA tomorrow. Mine said delivery today by 3 also, I live in NY.

Chris
I was so looking forward to today, but with Pauls packing we are all good!

I am going to call Fedex!

psykoink

Arachnopeon
I work in the pet industry and and am directly involved with shipping 300+ animal shipments per week through Fedex, many including spiders. The advice I gave is based on what we do when one of our packages gets stuck somewhere. Depending on the rep you get on the phone, they will either give you a hard time about it being animals, or they will help you. If necessary, call back until you get a helpful person on the line.
Even if you get a helpful person on the line it doesnt get the plane off the ground any quicker. I live in NY and the T is in Indianapolis. Not much I can do. Even if the plane leaves Indianapolis now, the carrier will not deliver tonight. Either way its a waiting game.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I actually spoke to the seller, he didnt seem too worried. What kills me about it all is that Fed Ex is going to credit the seller for the shipping cost that "I" already paid for. Even after I explained its a live cargo the answer I got was "The plane will be leaving when the plane leaves". I swear if I was standing in front of them at the time that was said I am sure they would have said something totally different, in fact I guarantee it. I cant say what I want to on here but its funny the things someone will say when the person isnt standing right their.
An honest seller would pass the reimbursement on to you. My guess is that it was shipped standard overnight, so all priority overnight shipments got on the plane, and the standard shipments got bumped.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
An honest seller would pass the reimbursement on to you. My guess is that it was shipped standard overnight, so all priority overnight shipments got on the plane, and the standard shipments got bumped.
I paid for overnight. I have shipped tons of animals using nothing less then Delta Dash. I have shipped reptiles across the US and dogs overseas, never an issue. Im not concerned about the seller giving me a credit for the shipping as it is not his fault. I am concerned about the T. Its not very easy getting one of these and the seller has a limited number of them.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
I was so looking forward to today, but with Pauls packing we are all good!

I am going to call Fedex!
I hear ya man. I got 2 P. Fasciata, 1 P. miranda and 1 H. maculata today as well and the only one that I was super excited to get was the T. blondi. I even took half the afternoon off so I could get this package. Im depressed now, lol.

Chris

jt39565

Arachnoknight
There is a debate as to what the "real" Theraphosa blondi is. There are physical characteristics that seperate the species into 3 seperate types. The ones that Rob and I ordered are the "real" T. blondi, not T. sp burgndy or T. apophysis. Look up the 3 and you will clearly see the difference.

Chris
Thank you for the answer, being new to this hobby its kinda hard to keep up with all this.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hear ya man. I got 2 P. Fasciata, 1 P. miranda and 1 H. maculata today as well and the only one that I was super excited to get was the T. blondi. I even took half the afternoon off so I could get this package. Im depressed now, lol.

Chris
See? this is JUST a matter of luck.

I just got my order of Theraphosa blondi from Paul.
I live 60 miles from NYC. Receive them this morning, on time, from FedEx.

Actually, I have never EVER had a problem with FedEx...but several with USPS.

Im really sorry to hear that, but let me tell you, Paul Bekcer shipments are OUTSTANDING. The guy knows how to pack T,s, and these blondis came out great.

What I mean is, theres no doubt in my mind that if that box never reaches high 90'S those slings are gonna arrive alive.

good luck to you guys!!!!

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, by the way, yes. They are Theraphosa blondi. FINALLY

;)