I dislike Fed Ex (a lot)

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Oh, by the way, yes. They are Theraphosa blondi. FINALLY

;)
Hey Fran,

Thanks for the wishes. I am sure they will be ok too. Just really stinks because I bought from 2 different dealers in Callifornia and both shipments were on that plane but they picked the blondi for a night out in Indianapolis. Frustration is really not the word for it.

Chris

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So what are people talking about REAL T. Blondi's? Are you saying what is in the hobby is not already REAL T. Blondi. Please explain.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So what are people talking about REAL T. Blondi's? Are you saying what is in the hobby is not already REAL T. Blondi. Please explain.
Haha, where have you been the last year??? :D

99% of whats out there in the states is not Theraphosa blondi but Theraphosa sp (soon to be Spinipes) .

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Fran,

Thanks for the wishes. I am sure they will be ok too. Just really stinks because I bought from 2 different dealers in Callifornia and both shipments were on that plane but they picked the blondi for a night out in Indianapolis. Frustration is really not the word for it.

Chris

Oh, I would be FLIPPING OUT. I totally understand you, we have been waiting for these a loong time.

I really think they will be fine.

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Keep us updated, as I really hope that blondi arrives in good condition. I was thrilled when I got my own blondi female.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I hear ya man. I got 2 P. Fasciata, 1 P. miranda and 1 H. maculata today as well and the only one that I was super excited to get was the T. blondi. I even took half the afternoon off so I could get this package. Im depressed now, lol.

Chris
When calling Fedex do NOT tell them there is a live animal in there though...that could open a can of worms that may turn bad....it gives them reason to open the box. I talked to Paul and everything will be fine, I have recieved pkgs in 95+ degree heat from Paul and NEVER a D.O.A.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh, I would be FLIPPING OUT. I totally understand you, we have been waiting for these a loong time.

LOL!!! Fran, I was just on the phone with Paul and we were taliking about you....& we both aggreed that Paul hoped your box got there...he said "he is a BIG boy!!" LOL!!

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL!!! Fran, I was just on the phone with Paul and we were taliking about you....& we both aggreed that Paul hoped your box got there...he said "he is a BIG boy!!" LOL!!
Me? Naaaaaa I just wanted for them to be home :D :D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wait, what are you doing???? Go posts the pics of your new REAL T. blondi FRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Lol Im at work and had to take some hours off to receive them, so ill post some pics as soon as I get home :)

paulatpetshop

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
T.blondi Shipment

Hi Guys!!!
First of all .. Let me say thanks to Fran,Rob and everyone else that has ordered the T.blondi from me within the past week. Unfortunately there was a mechanical problem with a Fed-Ex airplane heading back east. Some T.blondi orders were on that plane. Luckly it did not crash or anything.. Just delayed a bit. Let's face it ..mechanical delays are a reality of our business.. As with all airlines , they have to inspect the airplanes so they dont crash. But it's better to get the spider a day late, than to not get a spider at all. All fed ex is trying to do..is...keep the plane in the air. I spoke to my fed ex rep here in Los Angeles this morning and he said that it could not be helped. Furthermore...I do not file claims with fed ex for re-reimbursement on delays because basically shipping spiders via fed ex is not allowed. They will shut down my account and I will be forced to use UPS..We dont want to make waves with fed ex because they are bending their own rules for me/us. Everyone in the hobby that has tarantulas sent to them via a shipper whether it's FED EX, UPS or USPS is taking a chance because none of these carriers allow the shipment of tarantulas.. There is no way to ship spiders other than airline cargo . (This typically costs about 200-300 hundred bucks.)The sender and receiver can be charged with a crime. PLEASE.. PLEASE...PLEASE.. do not call anyone other than the person you bought it from if your box is delayed. We want to keep this hobby growing and keep it strong. If the carriers start cracking down on us dealers, we will be forced to shut down.. None of us want that.. I certainly dont want to go look for a job.. I love what I do. I love all the customers and animals and nature and stuff.. and it makes me very happy to be part of a growing entity of the Pet Industry. It is better to bite the bullet , rather than to protest and ruin what we have . For the cost of 35.00 you can get what you want when you want it most of the time, but every so often..there will be delays that are out of our control..We must exercise patience in this matter..otherwise we might loose this hobby.. all for a lousy 35.00. I know everybody gets edgy when their new baby animals are delayed. Thats just because we care. We have a way of caring for an animal even before we receive it. So it's not a question of money.. it's the animals well being that gets us uptight. We are all special people with special ways of caring about animals. We are all truly a unique bunch..but we MUST refrain from becoming emotional or it will surely become our downfall. I pack the spiders very well and have had them survive being lost for weeks because of the postal service before.. Rarely do I ever have a DOA... I am confident everyone will get their spiders in good health,despite the delay. Please try to rest easy and be patient .. I am sure all will turn out just fine. If anyone needs to call me..I dont mind a bit.. 1-310-906-9368..as always.. I am at your service...
Paul

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well dang it.. After this thread... If I have the funds left after my next purchace... I might have to attempt to get one of these "real" T. blondi from Paul... (That is of course if he has any left... :D)

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Thats it I for one am outraged.Darn you fed ex if my orders late I'M BRINGIN THIS HOBBY DOWN!!.:mad:;)

Last edited:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had this problem today too, my P. pulcher's I have been waiting forever to find are at a facility because they didn't deliver when they should have today, but Paul is my favorite dealer in the hobby and I know his tarantulas will come in great shape.

Dexter

Arachnopeon
I got my blondi from Paul today and it is AMAZING. It's a giant sling and looks amazingly healthy. His packing was still very moist so I am sure those stuck on the plane will have plenty of humidity and they should be fine. These are big slings, I would say 1.25 inches, maybe slightly bigger. Let me go take a pic or mine and I will post it here.

That roach is like a normal dubia sling size maybe 1/4 inch for a size reference.

Last edited:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are quite big, and veeery bluish looking!!!
Mine are ALL eating already :D

groovyspider

Arachnoknight

plus if fran ipped out it would be equivalent to the hulk smash or thing clobbering time ;)