I didn't get a spider today but when I do...

HannibalCmp

Arachnopeon
Like I said...no tarantula today:( butwhen I do get a tarantula can you guys help me with its feeding? How many crickets should I feed the Tarantula I get and If it matters on how long the tarantula has been with me since I bought it please include that too. BTW are any crickets poisonous to Tarantulas? Is tarantula venom deadly to cats?

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This forum is he best i ever was in, there is always somebody to help you, be sure. How many crickets you should feed depends on the size of the tarantula and of course on the size of the cricket as well. When you got a T just tell us the size.
The oly time crickets can be dangerous to Ts is during their molt, that's why you never should leave a cricket in the cage for more than 2 days -> your T could molt and the cricket could hurt it. But no cricket is venomous!! Why do you ask if T venom can kill a cat? You want to feed some :). As far as I know T venom is only venomous enough to kill small reptiles or mammals as for example geckos, anoles and mice. So, I'm quite sure the cat would show more reaction if it gets bitten then a human would do. But it will survive it.

HannibalCmp

Arachnopeon
Good cause I have 10 CATS!!! They are not all mine I only have one. Ok thanks for the help!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
HannibalCmp

like Pyrdacor says, it really depends on the size of the T. You don't want to throw 10-20 crickets in with a T either. Just start with one, if the T seems hungry, you can try another one, and so on. Most G rosea are wild caught, and will sometimes eat ALOT when you first purchase them. It must seem like manna from heaven LOL
Mine ate 13 crickets in a 24 hour period. After that, she settled down some!
Just don't leave uneaten crickets in too long. Once you know your T, and can predict to some extent it's molt cycle, it gets easier.
No cricket is venomous, and I would worry more about one of your 10 cats killing your tarantula, then visa versa!