I crave a new T- opinions on type.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know y .. but I want a Brachypelma vagans .
I also was considering B. albiceps or B. auratum.
Not rare but but I dig their look. Are B. albiceps similar to vagans in temperment ??

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know y .. but I want a Brachypelma vagans .
You'll know why after you get one - mine was a freebie from Paul Becker which I almost turned down - I'm glad I didn't - he's the life of the party - and a very sleek-looking creature at that. Go for it! (Sorry, can't comment - yet - on the albiceps) ...

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Vagans are nice to raise. I would recommend B.smithi, B.boehmei, or B.emilia based on my own personal preferences. All are nice T's.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I would say that albiceps are pretty similar to vagans in temperament. I had one a few years ago that was a typical Brachy -- skittish, but not defensive. I just got my first vagans (a juvie) recently, and it's a lot of fun to watch. It's very active, frequently bulldozing its enclosure.

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
The B. vagans I seen this weekend all shared one thing in common they were all beautiful. Its not hard for me to see why youd want one silky black legs and body and red abdomen is a nice color combination. I cant decide on B. boehmei or B. emilia myself. I wouldnt pass on a B. vagans if the price was right.

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
C. fasciatum? Didn't realize quite how stunning they can look until I recently saw one in person :drool:

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I personally love B. emilia...they're so beautiful and unique.

Then again, almost all Brachypelma are pretty nice in their own way. You can't go wrong with any species.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not a big fan of B. vagans personally. I prefer B. verdezi or B. epicureanum (of the similar Brachypelmas that is).

In my experience, B. albiceps is MUCH more docile than B. vagans. I've had B. vagans' that were complete a-holes.

My favorite Brachy's, and what I'd recommend:

1. B. albiceps
2. B. smithi and B. boehmei (boehmei is arguably more stunning, but they are almost always terrible hairflickers).
3. B. emilia

If you want to dish out more money, you can get a B. klaasi. I personally like B. albiceps the most out of the genus. I can't wait for my female to molt :)

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice - do you have one?
Not currently. I've cared for them in the past. They're really not that rad to me. They're just my favorite when it comes to vagans, sabulosum and epicureanum. They're all very similar though.

Like I said, to me, B. albiceps is the most stunning.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The B. vagans I seen this weekend all shared one thing in common they were all beautiful. Its not hard for me to see why youd want one silky black legs and body and red abdomen is a nice color combination.
That's exactly it ! !
I've not had a brachy before, so I will be seeing what's readily available. I really
want a vagans I think .
Thank you all for the input, all opinions are nice to see :)

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I fell head over heels for B. auratum. Love at first sight. They seem to have a sleeker, slimmer look than the other brachys and the intensity of the red "flames" on the knees is just breathtaking. That said, B. vagans are sleek looking, gorgeous Ts as well. They're also a little less skittish (compared to my auratum anyway) and easier to find at a low price. I vote for either of those two species. (or both! {D)

jukahman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
B. auratum is definitely 1 of my favorites. i was getting one but the seller i was buying it from had no stocks no i got b. smithi and b. boehmei instead. :eek:

Alexandra V

Arachnosquire
Personally I LOVE B. Albiceps, though I've heard they can be pretty hit-or-miss with temperament.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Freshly molted vagans is truly beautiful.

not sure how soon after molt but pics do not do her justice.