Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

I crave a new T- opinions on type.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by skar, Jun 20, 2011.

1. skar

skar Arachnobaron

AZ
    Advertisement
    I don't know y .. but I want a Brachypelma vagans .
    I also was considering B. albiceps or B. auratum.
    Not rare but but I dig their look. Are B. albiceps similar to vagans in temperment ??

2. killy

killy Arachnoknight

You'll know why after you get one - mine was a freebie from Paul Becker which I almost turned down - I'm glad I didn't - he's the life of the party - and a very sleek-looking creature at that. Go for it! (Sorry, can't comment - yet - on the albiceps) ...

3. J.huff23

J.huff23 Arachnoking Old Timer

Vagans are nice to raise. I would recommend B.smithi, B.boehmei, or B.emilia based on my own personal preferences. All are nice T's.

4. Yeah, I would say that albiceps are pretty similar to vagans in temperament. I had one a few years ago that was a typical Brachy -- skittish, but not defensive. I just got my first vagans (a juvie) recently, and it's a lot of fun to watch. It's very active, frequently bulldozing its enclosure.

5. The B. vagans I seen this weekend all shared one thing in common they were all beautiful. Its not hard for me to see why youd want one silky black legs and body and red abdomen is a nice color combination. I cant decide on B. boehmei or B. emilia myself. I wouldnt pass on a B. vagans if the price was right.

6. Quazgar

Quazgar Arachnoknight

C. fasciatum? Didn't realize quite how stunning they can look until I recently saw one in person :drool:

7. I personally love B. emilia...they're so beautiful and unique.

[​IMG]

Then again, almost all Brachypelma are pretty nice in their own way. You can't go wrong with any species.

8. Goomba

Goomba Arachnobaron

I'm not a big fan of B. vagans personally. I prefer B. verdezi or B. epicureanum (of the similar Brachypelmas that is).

In my experience, B. albiceps is MUCH more docile than B. vagans. I've had B. vagans' that were complete a-holes.

My favorite Brachy's, and what I'd recommend:

1. B. albiceps
    2. B. smithi and B. boehmei (boehmei is arguably more stunning, but they are almost always terrible hairflickers).
    3. B. emilia

If you want to dish out more money, you can get a B. klaasi. I personally like B. albiceps the most out of the genus. I can't wait for my female to molt :)

9. killy

killy Arachnoknight

Nice - do you have one? That's the one I'm craving, not only because I want it, but it's been so darned hard to track down!

10. Goomba

Goomba Arachnobaron

Not currently. I've cared for them in the past. They're really not that rad to me. They're just my favorite when it comes to vagans, sabulosum and epicureanum. They're all very similar though.

Like I said, to me, B. albiceps is the most stunning.

11. skar

skar Arachnobaron

AZ
    That's exactly it ! !
    I've not had a brachy before, so I will be seeing what's readily available. I really
    want a vagans I think .
    Thank you all for the input, all opinions are nice to see :)

12. cnapple

cnapple Arachnoknight

I fell head over heels for B. auratum. Love at first sight. They seem to have a sleeker, slimmer look than the other brachys and the intensity of the red "flames" on the knees is just breathtaking. That said, B. vagans are sleek looking, gorgeous Ts as well. They're also a little less skittish (compared to my auratum anyway) and easier to find at a low price. I vote for either of those two species. (or both! {D)

13. B. auratum is definitely 1 of my favorites. i was getting one but the seller i was buying it from had no stocks no i got b. smithi and b. boehmei instead. :eek:

14. Here is my new sling B. albiceps. Got it just Saturday.
    [​IMG]

15. Personally I LOVE B. Albiceps, though I've heard they can be pretty hit-or-miss with temperament.

16. skar

skar Arachnobaron

AZ
    Very nice. I got a little looking to do.:)

17. Nerri1029

Nerri1029 Chief Cook n Bottlewasher Old Timer

Freshly molted vagans is truly beautiful.

not sure how soon after molt but pics do not do her justice.
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.