I Caught A Jump Jump!!!

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey guys, today i snagged myself a phiddipus audax, or at least thats what it looks like, hopefully i can post pics soon. the little dude was crawling on my arm. before i started collecting t's i would have been scared s**tless of a jumping spider, but now i catch them. this little dude is a hog. its only about 1/8 inch and ate 4 pinheads in like 10 minutes. i am keeping it in a 3-1/2 dram vial with a small piece of moist paper towel in the bottom. think that will sustain it. any info on these neat little guys will help. thanx, dale

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I stopped paying attention to them a long time ago. For some reason, they started popping out of nowhere in our house and now they are all over.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderFood
hey guys, today i snagged myself a phiddipus audax, or at least thats what it looks like, hopefully i can post pics soon. the little dude was crawling on my arm. this little dude is a hog. its only about 1/8 inch and ate 4 pinheads in like 10 minutes.
4 pinheads! Thats awsome! I love jumpers! Ive always loved them, even when I was still an arachnophobic. THey where the exception, becuase I looved the big eyes looking at me!:D

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jumping Spiders are one of my favorite species, the largest one we have around here is the P. audax. There is another common one around here that is brown/white striped like a zebra, really a cool jumper but smaller than audax. If only jumpers got to be T sized!!

Andy

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Originally posted by vulpina
Jumping Spiders are one of my favorite species.... If only jumpers got to be T sized!!

Andy
Amen to that! I would own 50 if they got that big! I love them eyes!