I Cant Stand A Texas Tan!!!!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im just so lost i cant understand him at all, its differen every time.:? just tell us the truth.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
last I knew, in order to become allergic to an arthropod's venom, you need to had been exposed to the venom at an earlier time in your life, so that the antibodies would exist in your body, for an allergic reaction to be able to occur. some doctors like to make a little more cash on people who don't know anybetter. just my thoughts though, i wasn't there, and i don't know everything. but you should just dislike that individual tarantula, not the species in general. I also don't think tarantulas were put on this earth to be held by humans.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
it is no use everybody, don't you know, 13 year olds know everything! so stop wasting your time :)

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by anthony2561
I was about 2 when my mom moved 2 texas and came back with a Texas Tan!!!! I held it and it bit me 5 times!!!! Soon after that she got a B.emilia, i like this one better. So now i have a fear of a Texas Tan!!
But no fear of Texas. You are a resilient young man.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
gotta agree with the masses on this one

CM made a very good point about the unlikely reactions mentioned as did Botar about a 2 year old remembering something like that. How many people remember anything at all from when they were 2 ? Sorry but my BS meter is flashing like crazy on this one as well.

Phil

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by jezzy607
last I knew, in order to become allergic to an arthropod's venom, you need to had been exposed to the venom at an earlier time in your life, so that the antibodies would exist in your body, for an allergic reaction to be able to occur. some doctors like to make a little more cash on people who don't know anybetter. just my thoughts though, i wasn't there, and i don't know everything. but you should just dislike that individual tarantula, not the species in general. I also don't think tarantulas were put on this earth to be held by humans.
I think this is correct. I heard somewhere that when exposed to a venom," such as a bee sting." An antibody is created and each time you are exposed to that venom more antbodies are created triggering more alergic affects. Things such as swelling of the eyes, skin, and throat.

But come on, You can't move out of your parents house until you are 18. Unless you want social services all over your arse.

T

Tarantula

THis kid is very full of BS. I am glad he has let it go before it got worse.

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
to anthony:
hey anthony, thanks for posting about your bad experience with the texas tan. i think if one of my tarantulas bit me id be to scared to ever hold one again, and im 21 years older than you. i hope you post more about your tarantulas, its always cool to hear from other people with the same hobby.

to most everyone else:
were you trying to show everybody how immature you could be or do you routinely gang up on people younger than you?
he's acting his age, why dont you act yours! GROW UP!!!!!!!

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
to most everyone else:
were you trying to show everybody how immature you could be or do you routinely gang up on people younger than you?

you know id been hoping id never see the day these boards went the way everything else online goes. things start with a purpose and direction, and it seems once the amount of people involved in any given thing goes beyond a certain point, everything goes to crap. to the mediators, im sorry if this post seems like a rant or off topic or whatever but it needs to be said. i believe scott started this sight with the intention of helping fellow hobbyists, novice and experienced. within the last few months as more people joined, hes suddenly had to cater to ignorance and blatant stupidity. for gods sake he has had to make a list telling you people how to behave. by no means am i talking to everybody here, just the few ruining it for everyone else. if you have something worthwhile to contribute, thats great. otherwise ask yourself why you are wasting your time and ours on these arbitrary little pranks and what can only be called trolling. the only person you are making a fool of is yourself.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lycantrophe makes an excellent point, perhaps this should be moved to the watering hole or something, or tell this kid to only post if he isnt going to post 100% pure BS.

Oh by the way, read Code Monkey's post in the watering hole entitled "lets play a game" I almost peed myself laughing, partially because of how true it is,

Mark

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by bwjunk2
to most everyone else:
To Bryan:

They are acting their age by not dealing with the BS this kid keeps spewing. I've already had to edit his posts numerous times for cursing. And he also has two accounts which is clearly against the rules. I've been very lenient in dealing with him so far. If someone has cancer, do you cut out the tumor or just treat the symptoms? No one would have to "act their age" if not for his BS. When someone, no matter their age, tries to pass themself off as having more experience than they actually do and start to give bad advice I have a problem with it.

Anthony/Ilovemyjob needs to grow up, not us.

Scott

PS feel free to PM me with any further comments on this topic as it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.