I Cant Stand A Texas Tan!!!!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
I was about 2 when my mom moved 2 texas and came back with a Texas Tan!!!! I held it and it bit me 5 times!!!! Soon after that she got a B.emilia, i like this one better. So now i have a fear of a Texas Tan!!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Anthony2561,
What were the effects of the bites? Did you feel sick or what?

Ernie

T

Tarantula

Yes Veronyka. I couldnt have said it better than myself.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula
Yes Veronyka. I couldnt have said it better than myself.
Hey Veronyka and Tarantula,
How old are you guys?
Get off the kids butt. He has as much right to post as you do.
Remember when you were 13 ? Or were you always 30 something?

Ernie

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"Hey Veronyka and Tarantula,
How old are you guys?
Get off the kids butt. He has as much right to post as you do.
Remember when you were 13 ? Or were you always 30 something?"

Hey I put a ;P after my comment meaning I was playing with the kid! I don't mean anything negative about it. I think it's cool he likes T's in the first place at that age, because I think I would have been scared to death at that age if I saw a big hairy spider coming my way! Who cares how old I am now? Since I haven't ever been bitten by one, who knows if I would be scared even as an adult?

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
...........please dont call me a kid.......and i was very sick , the doc said i had a allergic reaction with the venom and i had to be attached to some machine that pumped this clear stuff into me veins. My family said that the spider should be "Put-down" And i dont know why they said that cause u only "Put down" dogs and cats n-stuff. But we gave it away and got a new one called a B. emilia, then as i got older i got a rosie and then i have a very large(To most kids mt age) collection of spider :0

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You're allergic?:eek: That sucks! I'm glad you lived through it then! How many Ts do you have now?

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Bitten FIVE times ?? OUCH ! I thought or heard that the Texas Tan was docile ? Or am I thinking of the Blonde one ? Anyway, it sucks that you got bit and were allergic. Im glad they didnt put down the tarantula. An animals biting you doesnt nessasarily make it dangerous! Anyway, nice to have young people on the board. I wont call u a kid. How bout young man ? ;) Teenager ? Well anyway.
When I was a little kid I mean, five, six, and up..I was TERRIFIED of spiders. I had never even seen a tarantula. Although I have this very odd, vivid memory of seeing a Mex red knee in my house! Who knows what kind of spider it really was. But when ever I would see a spider I would scream bloody murder. :8o Eventually dad told me not to screem but to come to him calmly and he would get rid of it.
Fast forward to 1996 and Im 17 yrs old. My spider fear is VERY much reduced. I can get rid of spiders myself now. I sometimes squash them, sometimes I put them out. Then I hear that my Best friends brother has a tarantula and I ask him if I can hold it. Which I do...when he gets married he gives it to me, and the rest is history. I know have a Rosea, Smithi, and Avic Avic.:D

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
4 now............A. seemanni(Sling, s/he is sooo cute) L. dificilus(Eating) , L. parahybana(Chillin), E. rufescens(Hanging out:)) ..........why??????I just love T's, i just dont love a "Texas Tan's". But i was real young so i hardly remember it, just that im allergic to a texas Tan...

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Assuming the details of the story are even remotely accurate (what kind of mother lets a 2 y.o. handle a T? While I wouldn't be afraid for my 2 y.o. I'd be terrified for the T. And what kind of T bites 5 times?), I doubt very much you were allergic to the venom. There has never been a case of anaphylactic shock documented from a T bite, and any other symptoms would be impossible to pin down as an allergic reaction considering your small size. More than likely, your doctor was just ignorant of what he was dealing with because if he wasn't, he'd have published your case in a medical journal and we wouldn't have Dr. Breene of the ATS pointing out that no one has ever been shown to have an allergic reaction to a T bite.

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
well "codemonkey", i was a child and when my mom had a thing for T's she had a semi large collection of t's. And when i didnt go down , it kept biting me on my arm, all i saw were 10 little marks on my are.....so if u can count they have 2 fangs, and if it bit me 5 times that would make 10.......and most of my mom's T's were violent(Wonder why??)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, at the age of two, you could count to 10? Or did you count to five and multiply by two? And you remembered this incident from your toddler years? I think it would be a good idea for you to let this topic go. You are quickly progressing from the innocent exaggerations of a youngster to pegging my BS meter's redline.

Botar

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
Med journal??????????? Well my family(ME) doesnt like to have our names on/in things, such as newspappres, mag's, and even labels. And what kinda doc would submit a med journal?????????I hate ppl who do that!!!!! I am nothing but a skinny, pale(Un-happy with life)13 year old kid. would u like to be put into a hospital and then after one week ur parents tell u that all of ur friends are dead!!!! Do u know what thats like?!?!?!!??!!??!U know what, i work, i go to school, im moving in with my friend next year. I have a life before u had one at my age!! So lay off!!!!!

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
I still have the scars(At least i think that there scars, it might have been from the shots they gave me in the hospital)/......:mad: i hate the hospital!!!

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm going to have to agree with Code Monkey and Botar...alot of inconsistancies and unlikely things to happen especially at the age of 2...and I doubt any mother would put a tarantula on her 2 year old. The fact you could remember the incident 11 years later perfectly, and count to 10 let alone multiply and divide before you learned to talk....veeeeerrrrryyyyy interesting :D .

Mark

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by anthony2561:
Would u like to be put into a hospital and then after one week ur parents tell u that all of ur friends are dead!!!! Do u know what thats like?!?!?!!??!!??!U know what, i work, i go to school, im moving in with my friend next year. I have a life before u had one at my age!!
I'm not convinced that any of that is true. You say your mom ( who supposedly knows something about T's ) let her 2-year old kid hold a spider that she knew was aggressive ( keepers know the tempers of their spiders ) , and then , after he is ( supposedly ) taken to the hospital, and pronounced allergic, she lets you get more t's, and among them Lasiodora and Ephebopus ??

And another thing, you said that you have 4 t's , 2 Lasiodoras, 1 Aphonopelma , and 1 Ephebopus.......what happened to the B. emilia you supposedly had ?

Sorry , but I remain ( more than ) just a wee bit skeptical.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well..

Read in thread " Can anyone give me advice" , for now on page 5 in here what I wrote in there as a replie...:)

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.