I can't keep something this pretty

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everyone. I'm sure she would appreciate it if she could read.

Great looking snake(and very neat flickr photos BTW). Someday...sigh.

What was happening that caused the rubbing behavior?
Thanks for checking out my flickr. The rubbing happened when she was younger. She wouldn't eat for me for about 5 weeks after I got her and was restless at the same time. Rubbed off the top scale on the screening. It looked terrible after she shed, almost as if the entire scale was missing. Treated it with Neosporin for some time, and now it seems to be healing fine.

Stunning for sure, but 16' is way too much for me to even fathom as a pet, 6 ' would be ideal for me.

PIG-
It took 5 years of consideration before I got her. Not a small or spur-of-the-moment decision for me. This is literally it until I'm done with university. I thought it fitting to temporarily end it with the snake I've always wanted. She'll be more than enough, literally and figuratively.

I do like how we chose each other. She was in a bin with other 2 week old retics. She was the largest. And the feistiest. The first thing she did was try to strike at my hand and wait for my next move. Love at first sight.

Last edited:

Earthworm Soul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know the feeling... I get the pleasure of having these beautiful snakes in my collection (and she's hopefully gravid!). Meet Sgt. Satan and Jon Benet...

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What species is that? An Orthriophis I'm assuming? Very nice snakes.