I can't keep something this pretty

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes, I look into a cage and ask, "Do I deserve this?"

She's healing up better than I expected from her bout of head rubbing a few months ago. I'm wondering if she'll have a break in that black line running down the middle of her head or if it'll heal back into some sort of continuity.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Absolutely not... My address is...

Very nice looking retic do you know the locale?

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You deserve it! :)
I will try to convince myself of that.

So nice!!.. How big will it get?
Her mother was 18 feet long. Standard retic in all respects, so she'll get big. Her growth rate has been reasonable. Almost a yearling and only at 4 feet. I've heard 6-7' by now is more typical, but I tend to feed my snakes smaller meals.

She's had a large AP cage on standby for a few months now. On one hand, I want her to get some size so I can move that thing out of the living room. On the other, I know there's no reason to push her growth.

Absolutely not... My address is...

Very nice looking retic do you know the locale?
She's a mutt. No particular locality as confirmed by the breeder. Suits me fine. All I was looking for was the natural pattern and she displays it beautifully. A normal retic was my "dream" snake for about 5 years. Finally got her last November and that marks the end of my snake collection for a few years.

I hope she keeps those orange eyes. I know they can turn silver, which isn't bad, but that orange is insane.

edit: Here's a pretty pointless video I shot of her in February:

[YOUTUBE]0Ybj3gwDruk[/YOUTUBE]

I've taken to watching movies with her. She'll find a place to sit (often in my shirt) and stay there for hours. Not sure how practical or safe that will be in the coming years, but it's got her into a routine of handling. She's an absolute dream to work with now.

Last edited:

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only ones that eyes turn silver later that I've read about are the sula's and she doesnt look to have any sula blood in her.

Some dwarves have silver eyes but they just have them they dont usually change.

She has REALLY nice colors. I need to get some good pictures of mine soon. It's been alittle on the coolside outside so I havent had a chance to bring them outside for some good pics.

Theres a couple of natural retic patterns so your collection isnt quite done yet. I'd still say you need one with a good sawtooth pattern like a sula.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The only ones that eyes turn silver later that I've read about are the sula's and she doesnt look to have any sula blood in her.

Some dwarves have silver eyes but they just have them they dont usually change.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm a sucker for that orange and black contrast. Gives them a really expressive look.

She has REALLY nice colors. I need to get some good pictures of mine soon. It's been alittle on the coolside outside so I havent had a chance to bring them outside for some good pics.

Theres a couple of natural retic patterns so your collection isnt quite done yet. I'd still say you need one with a good sawtooth pattern like a sula.
That's the long-term plan once I manage to find my own place. I'd like to work more in-depth with these snakes in the future and a Sulawesi would be at the top of the list.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are my favorite snakes. I sold off my boa and carpet to get room for a couple more.

I have a normal male and a purple male.

My plans to get a platinum fell through sadly due to my car breaking down. =\

I got a list of a couple I'm wanting but the top three are most likely going to be females:

Platinum
Sula
Anthrax

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are my favorite snakes. I sold off my boa and carpet to get room for a couple more.

I have a normal male and a purple male.

My plans to get a platinum fell through sadly due to my car breaking down. =\

I got a list of a couple I'm wanting but the top three are most likely going to be females:

Platinum
Sula
Anthrax
Ah yeah, my other snakes take up a lot of room, but it'd be hard to sell them off. My favorites used to be Carpets, but Retics have never been far behind and overtook them with the addition of this girl. But I still plan to keep my Carpet around. Had him for 4 years now.

Shame about the car. The Platinums are a nice morph.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow! It gorgeous! :drool:

Almost makes me regret not getting that retic. that my LPS had..
But at the same time.. There is no way I could take care of something that gets as big as a retic..

Either way.. That one is awesome! :D

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! Retics are my favorite snakes as well...at least as far as snakes that people keep. That lady is absolutely gorgeous.
And if you recognize that and appreciate her (as you obviously do) than you deserve her. :)

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A retic is my dream snake as well, it will wait of course until I have more experience with large snakes and until we have our own house with a space we can dedicate to it.

She's absolutely stunning.

Cass

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Great looking snake(and very neat flickr photos BTW). Someday...sigh.

What was happening that caused the rubbing behavior?

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure what it is but alot of baby retics are prone to the rub spots on the top of their head.

Mine had it when I got him. He doesnt have a break in his line but it is alittle skinnier. I cant remember if my albino had one but I dont think so.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Stunning for sure, but 16' is way too much for me to even fathom as a pet, 6 ' would be ideal for me.

PIG-

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is one of the most beautiful retic color patterns I've ever seen. A real living jewl. :D