I can finally get another one!!!!

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well,

For the last year I have had a G rosea and I have been dying to get more but in the place we where living I could not.

We have finally moved and I am in the market for 2 more T's!!!!! I CAN FINALLY GET MORE!!!!

I am thinking of getting a A versicolor and a T blondi. But I am open to the suggestions of more experianced T owners.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Charlie

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
That's quite a jump from a Rose hair to a T. blondi, but if you think you can handle it(not literally), go for it. I think the Brachypelmas are pretty awesome T's, and I'm also digging my Cyclosternum fasciatum ALOT. Lately I've been jumping into more skittish and defensive types of T's myself, but I think anyone with a good responsible head on their shoulders can do well with them.

BIll

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

yeah charlie it just takes some good thinking and common sense if you think you can handle i would go for it, i went from my fisrt rosie to an indian ornamental adult then to haplopelmas and king baboons, so just take the right precautions is all(especialy if doing any maintinence within their tanks), good luck--Jeff

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I went from a B. smithi 20 years ago to two T. blondi about 18 months ago. Although I lost one and the other lost three legs due to bad molts, I believe it was operator error. Fortunately for you though, you have already found this site. I'd already had my T. blondi for over a year before I found this site and had figured out the housing conditions on my own. In a long round-about way, I'd say go for it if that is what you are wanting. An option would be the L. parahybana... quite large, but not quite as particular in the housing department, IMO. (I have both)

Botar

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Rookie
Are they defensive/agressive at all?
Paul

Most evidence that I have read about them, indicates that they are a little bit skittish, but not really defensive. The word on the street about these guys, is that they and chromatapelma cyanopubecens really belong to the same genus. I understand, that the Chromata. genus will soon be changed to that of Cyclosternum. I have a sling right now. It is tiny. I have held it. It loves to run. It likes to web too. I guess it is hard to tell what it will really be like later on at this point. But so far, I haven't had any indication of any type of defensiveness.

Conipto: I know you have at least one of these guys. Have you noticed any agressiveness, defensiveness, or skittishness?

Paul: What all species of tarantulas do you have?

Big Dragonfly

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly

Conipto: I know you have at least one of these guys. Have you noticed any agressiveness, defensiveness, or skittishness?
It's still a pretty small guy, about 2 inches or so. I have seen no aggression/defensiveness whatsoever, although it does like to run and hide when spooked sometimes. MOST of the time it's visible, but occasionally it goes days underneath the substrate, and closes itself in. (this really freaked me out the first time, but now I'm used to it) I have handled it inside it's enclosure, but I am too worried about it getting lost to take it out and whatnot.

All in all, this one (named Casull) is my favorite T.

Bill

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can only recoment the B.vagans!

It is the most beautiful and calm T you'll ever imagine.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
all by our lonesome

Paul: What all species of tarantulas do you have?
Us poor University students can't afford too many Tarantulas at a time, so I only have one G.Pulchra right now. I have plans for an A.Versi at the end of this year, but it still seems like a long wait. My one T is bursting with personality though. Well...as far as Tarantulas go..
Paul