I brought my new bp home yesterday!

Lilyskip

Arachnopeon
Here he is! After all of that research and waiting, I finally brought home Huxley (Hux or Huxels for short) last night! Thanks for your help, guys :eek:)

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice, Lily. If I may make a suggestion, the humidity isn't too bad, but I would raise it to the 60-70% range. Enjoy him. :)

Bry

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No.........

The humidity is just fine..........read the "Ball Python Manual"!:)

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hence, I said the humidity wasn't too bad. All I suggested was that she raise it just a tad. A lot of people think that ball pythons come from dry areas, but they are found in forests in coastal countries where the humidity is a bit higher.

Bry

Lilyskip

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the help, guys. It's typically around 60%, but when I notice it getting low (in the 40's), I spritz. I'll become a lot more vigilant with it when he's about to shed, since it seems that's when it's most important. The reptile store I got him from said they were keeping him between 40-60%. :eek:)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just went and looked in my herp/invert room, the room humidity is 38%. I have a large plastic rubbermaid dishwashing thingie in my BP's enclosure (it is in a 4' tall by 2' square reptile style sliding screened top enclosure) and I keep a half gallon or so of clean water in it. so far my BP always has a clean shed that comes off in one piece. I have no idea what the humidity inside the enclosure is but it can't be that much higher than the room humidity.
Ed

Lilyskip

Arachnopeon
You should definitely get a humidity gauge in the tank with the bp. I think that the plastic enclosure traps humidity from the water bowl somehow...

Nuthin' to worry about though if it's shedding cleanly!! ;o)