I bought an a seemanni.

bbolivier12

Arachnopeon
So i got an aphonopelma semanni and while making its enclosure i ran out of coco fiber so the enclosure is quarter inch of coco fiber so i wanna use black vegetation soil with a little bit of compost. Tell me , could i use that is it safe?

So i got an aphonopelma semanni and while making its enclosure i ran out of coco fiber so the enclosure is quarter inch of coco fiber so i wanna use black vegetation soil with a little bit of compost. Tell me , could i use that is it safe?
Btw i didnt put it in yet.

Ents189

Arachnopeon
Unless you are 100% sure it is pesticide/chemical/additive free, then I wouldn't chance it. Is there no way you can go get some more coco fiber?

For the future, I buy the compressed coco fiber and prepare a small bucket of it. Once its dried out I keep the bucket covered. This way you'll always have a good amount of it ready to go. Everyone has their methods, but that works for me.

bbolivier12

Arachnopeon
Unless you are 100% sure it is pesticide/chemical/additive free, then I wouldn't chance it. Is there no way you can go get some more coco fiber?

For the future, I buy the compressed coco fiber and prepare a small bucket of it. Once its dried out I keep the bucket covered. This way you'll always have a good amount of it ready to go. Everyone has their methods, but that works for me.
P

i could just didnt feel like it cuz i had the soil but i could go. Thank you anyway.

cold blood

Staff member
Top soil is a fantastic substrate....its just heavy. Its also the one sub you dont need to tamp down, you can just pour it right in.

As said, as long as it doesnt contain pesticide or fertalizers, it should be fine.

You can alway leave a few crickets on it for a couple days as a test if youre not sure.

bbolivier12

Arachnopeon
Top soil is a fantastic substrate....its just heavy. Its also the one sub you dont need to tamp down, you can just pour it right in.

As said, as long as it doesnt contain pesticide or fertalizers, it should be fine.

You can alway leave a few crickets on it for a couple days as a test if youre not sure.
Btw she is defensibe and fast obt type behaviour hahaha