i am so stupid! Help!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I went to look at my freshly moulted chev, and i picked his cage up slipped and fell, he has a humongous web their so i think he is not hurt, he looks fine, and i see no hemoloph (spelling) he is so BIG! i will post pics soon! Help if anything is wrong!

James

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
James,
how far did the container fall, and what surface did it fall onto?
How long ago did it molt?
Those answers may help us guess a bit better on what to, or not, to do...
Holley

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
it fell onto marble
not far, um about 4-5"
he moulted last night and fell tonight
Thanks,

James

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
hmmm, well, marble is not good, 4-5" is not bad, and molting last night...probably still pretty soft. Hopefully, the web was cushiony enough. Can you peek into the web without disturbing him?
Do you see any liquid anywhere that wasn't there before?
If you can't do anything without majorly disturbing him, I'd leave him alone....he's been disturbed enough!
Someone else may have a better suggestion though.
Hope he's ok for you!
Holley

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
James take a deep breath to start.
And I Honestly am not trying to be a smart as with that comment.
I just know when I make a mistake. ( Like losing Zevo this morn...) My mind goes erk! And then just spins wheels.

Peek at him if you can, make sure he's not damaged. Hopefuly his cushy moult web kept him from being hurt.

Once your sure that he is undamaged, which I Hope he/she is not.
Sit the container in a nice quiet place and let him harden up as per usual.
You can do any container fixing and or reorganizing after he has had a chance to settle down from the fall and harden up some.
Just make sure there is water in there, don't worry about any messes, like tossled substrate or overturned decorations. as long as none fell on him.

Just breath and take it one step at a time and you'll do fine.

Tell us how he is and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And you are NOT stupid.
Just made a mistake, had an accident.
It happens honey, to the best.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey James. I have had a few post-molt mishaps and even though they worried me like crazy, they fortunately turned out ok. It's still a juvie so it's hopefully hardened up at least a little in the past day. They are incredibly delicate after they molt but still somewhat resiliant. Best you can do for now is just give the T some peace for a few hours and quietly check on him periodicaly. I would look and nothing else. Avoid picking up his enclosure for a day or 2 just to be sure it's disturbed as little as possible.
Good luck and I have my fingers crossed for ya.

Atrax

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
thanks guys! i she just came out and she looks great! no blood or anything i am leaving her alone now and hopes she does better! Thanks!

James

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow James that sucks. If your tarantula doesn't seem hurt you should be ok. One time my cat pushed my P. regalis petpal off the desk onto a concrete floor, the lid came off but the P. regalis was ok. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Good luck to you and you P. cambridei.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aw James I am So glad she looks good.

I'm happy for you.
Let her rest and have a little peace and quiet and as soon as she hardens up you can dedec her home for her.

Congrates and hugs from us.

:)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Aw James I am So glad she looks good.

I'm happy for you.
Let her rest and have a little peace and quiet and as soon as she hardens up you can dedec her home for her.

Congrates and hugs from us.

:)

thanks again guys for all of the support wow!! i will post a pic later!
@Nixy and faith+eden (hugs) and thanks!

James

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi James,
Poor bugger! Don't worry too much, we've all done it from time to time :) Just check on her very now and then for hemolymph (blood) loss. Providing you don't see any, I'd say all will be fine.

Steve