I am searching a Leiurus quinquestriatus

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I want to get one, but have no way to obtain one. Any of the local shops don't have any connections to someone who can sell them one, and I have exhausted all other options. Where can I get one of these? Are there any breeders on this site who can help me out?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
have you cared for any scorpions before? because you know it is the deadliest right???

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Please be sure to do your research before ordering! If this is your first scorp I would recommend going with something less toxic!

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have probably kept ~50 scorps previously so I know what I am getting myself into getting one of these and I realize that if it stings me or someone else it could result in death.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't say death. I actually got tagged today. I was doing a headcount and realized I was missing one. I found it under a rock in the inclosure and it looked dead. Tail relaxed and eveything. I figured it dead because i tapped it with a pencil and it didn't move. I picked it up and placed it in my hand only to see it come back alive. I put it back in the inclosure and another one stung my middle finger. It's swollen as hell. The only thing i can describe it as is having your whole hand on fire for an hour or so. But i can say I held a deathstalker and didnt get tagged... by that one at least.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, if you know what you're doing, you can get them at:
swiftinverts.com
krazy8sinvertebrates.com
botarby8s.com

or just take a look at the many dealers and sellers in our "For Sale/ Trade" section. BE SAFE!

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A little side by side comparison for you of the sites mentioned, cause why pay more for the same thing!?

Swiftinverts.com - $35.00
Krazy8sinvertebrates.com - $40.00
Botarby8s.com - $25.00
ajexotics.com $25.00

Not sure about other sites but thats what has been mentioned so I though it may be a help. Also like already said I bet you can find even cheaper on the for sale/trade section of the forums.

EDIT: just found reptistexotics.com has them for $24.00, lol.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ahh, but does ajexotics give freebies with every order, as swifty does? I'll have to take a trip over there, as I'm not familiar with that dealer/ seller. The others I listed are highly reputable however. In any case, they are quite available through the dealers and sellers/ hobbyists on this forum, so now that you've joined, stick around and I think you'll find this site a MAJOR asset to your hobby!

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think beardo still have them for sale at like $12 each or something.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ahh, but does ajexotics give freebies with every order, as swifty does? I'll have to take a trip over there, as I'm not familiar with that dealer/ seller. The others I listed are highly reputable however. In any case, they are quite available through the dealers and sellers/ hobbyists on this forum, so now that you've joined, stick around and I think you'll find this site a MAJOR asset to your hobby!
By reading his reviews(akexotics) it looks like he gives freebies, dont know about all the time. I buy from him locally at a reptile expo, hes honest, good guy, and knows what hes doing. If you look at swifts price yes he offers freebies on every order but your pretty much paying for it since the scorp is priced higher. But yea i think you will find the best deal on these forums, if not I highly recommend ajexotics.com

Only Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would go with Beardo he's a good dude plus you can't go wrong with the prices. I actually sell mine @ $20-25 nuff said;)

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
To me, having a healthy YOUNG one is more important than getting one that is a few bucks cheaper. I probably don't want to pay more than 30-35 though. I want a younger one, not full grown, and want it to be in good health :). What site you all think I should go with? I do prefer to buy from private breeders than big emporiums and stuff because they usually care for their stuff and need the money and I am always up for supporting the private breeders, they work hard!