i am moving and my tarantula is in premolt

morganirl

Arachnopeon
hello, i need some help. i recently found out last month that my family and i are going to be moving and the last day we need to be moved out of our current house is in the end of may. i have an a. seemani that is a juvenile and she recently has been showing signs of being in pre-molt. she has become less active, stopped eating, and has boarded up her hide with substrate. from what i have looked up, a. seemani’s can be unpredictable with how long they will stay in premolt. i am just worried that if i move her enclosure around, it is going to be harmful to her, but i don’t know what other choice i have, cause i have to be moved out soon. if anyone could let me know of any suggestions, please let me know!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hello, i need some help. i recently found out last month that my family and i are going to be moving and the last day we need to be moved out of our current house is in the end of may. i have an a. seemani that is a juvenile and she recently has been showing signs of being in pre-molt. she has become less active, stopped eating, and has boarded up her hide with substrate. from what i have looked up, a. seemani’s can be unpredictable with how long they will stay in premolt. i am just worried that if i move her enclosure around, it is going to be harmful to her, but i don’t know what other choice i have, cause i have to be moved out soon. if anyone could let me know of any suggestions, please let me know!
All Ts are unpredictable premolt time.

There’s nothing you can do.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
How far are you moving? If driving distance it should be fine to just pack it in the car and get it to a stable quiet place as soon as possible. Who knows how long it could be in pre molt, as long as it's not currently molting it should be fine.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It’ll be fine. Just check to make sure it’s not in molt when you leave