I am going straight to hell.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just witnessed the most horrific, disgusting thing I've ever seen... I fed a hopper to my 9" Vietnamese S. subspinipes sp. -- And I taped it. I'm debating as to if I should actually transfer it to MPEG and post it, it's that bad.

The centipede basically chews out the throat of the hopper and drinks the blood, then eats its face... I am literally nauseous.

Yuck. I'm not doing THAT again. And I thought the mouse I just fed to my Goliath was bad.

b

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I hear ya. It's pretty brutal. Though, I say mpeg it and let us see. It will be educational. Centipedes no doubt wander into underground rodent burrows and most likely prey on rodents, babies and adults. Being the eating machines they are, I'm sure nothing is safe.
I'm not one to feed vertebrate prey to my centipedes or tarantulas, but I do on occasions, for variety. When I do, I don't watch. Just pick up the pellet, or whatever is left, later on.
john

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, it's pretty gross but you get used to it. I prefer to feed large anoles myself but have on occasion fed fuzzies to them. I don't know why but i'm still captivated by it....and somehow put off at the same time. You gotta love the giant pedes, man! :p

Atrax

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Centipedes are pretty bad, but you should really see a large solifugid take down an adult mouse....

Alex S.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just hope there really is no such thing as Karma, because I don't want to think what I'll come back as after this.

I'll MPEG it tomorrow - got to go see Harry Potter and purge the grisly images from my brain! :eek:

b

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll be waiting for your MPEG, but I think Harry Potter is more damaging to the brain that witnessing a Pede feed. =D ;P

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Alex S.
Centipedes are pretty bad, but you should really see a large solifugid take down an adult mouse....

Alex S.
That's one I haven't had the pleasure of witnessing yet. I sure would like to see one in action though.

Atrax

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
That's one I haven't had the pleasure of witnessing yet. I sure would like to see one in action though.

Atrax
Me too, How do they tackle the mouse?

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
OK, I converted it to a 45MB DiVX AVI file. Is everyone OK with that? Are there 56K modem users who need a much smaller version? I'll have to re-edit it, if so.

bill

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That will be good...for me at least.....were can we get it?

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Duuude, I wanna see!! I know how you feel though, I taped my P. muriums terrorizing a pinky...striking it about 6 times and the little pinkie just continues to scream and scream...I can't watch it anymore...just because of the squeeling. Anyway...give us a link to the file, I would very much love to witness this! hehe.

Marcus

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax

Atrax

Its nothing less than amazing and just straight brutal.

Alex S.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Alonso99
Me too, How do they tackle the mouse?

Anyway they want to really, they are search and destroy predators. Solifugids are so incredibly fast that by the time the mouse realizes it has been hit by something its already halfway dead and getting the solifugids huge chelicerae furiously worked all over its body.

Alex S.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The largest species are of the family Galeodidae, which can be over 3" in body length, with the largest species being Galeodes arabs and Galeodes caspius. Vertibrates make up quite a large portion of solifugids diets. Other large species include those of the family Rhagodidae and Solpugidae.

Alex S.

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i only feed my inverts thawed pinks.i couldnt bare to listen to the squeeling of a live one,or to watch it die.i dont mind giving a dead pinky to anything though,i even gave a pinky to my black widow two times so far,the end result is a pretty nasty looking flattened lump of skin,and an extremely fattened black widow.pretty much all my adult and subadult tarantulas get pinkies as well once in a while.
Tom

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You sick bastards (lol)... OK, give me a few and I'll have it up later tonight (it's 7pm PST).

b