I’ll never be able to tell when my K. brunnipes matures

SageN

Arachnopeon
How do any of you tell when your fossorial T’s reach maturity? I’m down to 3 Kochiana brunnipes after buying four slings in 2021 and am pretty confident one is male because it’s growing 4x faster than the others. It’s never above ground except for poking a few legs up though, molts in the burrow then pushes the molt down to the bottom and shreds it so I can’t rely on that. The burrow is up against the side of the enclosure so I can catch glimpses of them in there but I’m losing hope I’ll ever determine the sex for sure lol. I suspect they’re about 2.5 inches DLS

Hi
I don't keep the species but most likely once matured will come out and spend more time on top.I have raised 2 different Cyriocosmus sp from micro slings and never saw anyone till some matured as males and start lingering on top the girls stay hidden till now.
Its common for matured males of any species to ditch hides (burrows)and stay more in the open.
Regards Konstantin

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Most of the fossorial species I have when mm look nothing like a mature female.
I have not kept the one you are mentioning so I couldn't give advice on how to tell other than trying to sex the molts or doing some research to possibly find out what a mm looks like.

Some of the chilobrachys I have when mature only had nubs,not hooks like I had expected,so when I first started keeping them I had a mm running around like a nut and thought I had screwed up bad somehow in it's enclosure and finally figured out it was a male.

SageN

Arachnopeon
Hi
I don't keep the species but most likely once matured will come out and spend more time on top.I have raised 2 different Cyriocosmus sp from micro slings and never saw anyone till some matured as males and start lingering on top the girls stay hidden till now.
Its common for matured males of any species to ditch hides (burrows)and stay more in the open.
Regards Konstantin
That’s a relief to hear, thank you!