Hybrid Scorps?

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I have a mature female Centruroides exilicauda and a mature male Centruroides vitattus. I was thinking of breeding them. Would the resulting young be infertile? I'm not going to worry about any backlash and was just wondering an answer. I probably won't breed them, but if I get bored some day and get curious.
Steve

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i dont know if it will make the scorps infertile, but every other animal thats a hybrid and that i read about cant reproduce - tiger/lions, Ts, lizards (forgot which ones, but people try to produce new colors)
and of course you shouldnt sell them if you happen to

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty sure its impossible. Just wont happen `cause of diferences in feramones and other things that sepperate the spp. Their main instinct and purpose is to reproduce healthy offspring and thrive. I dont think they`d want to try and produce some ill-fated young.

Chances are one will get eaten.

Mat

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Breeding the two, as stated, will be impossible and get one scorp eaten in all probability. Construction of a scorpion is an entirely different technique and would be much more probable...and also un-sellable. Young from a "constructed" scorpion would probably be the same species the scorpion was initially and that's only if it was able to be bred and survived the technique used for surgery. I wouldn't recommend tampering with scorpion biology that much. You might wind up with one that had wings and could fly, as well as reproduced at an unbelievable rate.
Wings+sophisticated respiratory system & vision system+Deadly scorpion+fast reproduction=BAD.

adios,
edw. =D

Last edited: