Husbandry Questions for Asian Forest

Rachnee420

Arachnopeon
I have had my Asian Forest Scorpion Krull now for about 6 months and I believe he hasn't eaten since I got him. He was rehomed to me, he is about 4.5 inches long and definitely a male, hyper aggressive. I never find any half eaten bugs, I keep putting more in but I believe crickets are burrowing down into the substrate.
I have him in a arboreal 10 gallon, with 5 in of substrate for burrowing. I built him a tree base to live in with a "root" structure as a hide. Springtails and isopods in the substrate, and tons of live plants like mosses and ferns, a few succulents as well. I keep the humidity at 75% and temperature at 70. His age is 2+ years. I just know the person I got him from had it 2 years. I assume he was wild caught due to his aggression. Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable? Other food options I should try? I have also tried superworms. Krull pictured here was day I got him, before I had enclosure set up correctly.
He is in the hole in the new enclosure. He doesn't ever come out but rarely to drink water. (I know water dish is empty here, had to clean it out anyways) I have checked on him, he is still alive. Is this common?

Attachments

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
They may go a long time without food, especially after a rehouse. If you don’t find the crickets though, I assume they get eaten.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
You can try a heat lamp or CHE, the preferred temperature of this species is 75F-85F (80F-85F optimal). Scorpions are ectothermic raise the temps you raise the scorpion's metabolism. Raising the temps by 10 degrees can increase a scorpion's metabolism upwards of three fold. You may witness abit more activity but also abit more appetite too.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Crickets don't really burrow so much, so he's probably eating them. Raising the temperature will increase activity - 70ºF is on the chilly end of what they tolerate.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Nice looking enclosure. Crickets don’t burrow, likely eating them as said before me. We have the same water dish for our scorps haha.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I have had my Asian Forest Scorpion Krull now for about 6 months and I believe he hasn't eaten since I got him. He was rehomed to me, he is about 4.5 inches long and definitely a male, hyper aggressive. I never find any half eaten bugs, I keep putting more in but I believe crickets are burrowing down into the substrate.
I have him in a arboreal 10 gallon, with 5 in of substrate for burrowing. I built him a tree base to live in with a "root" structure as a hide. Springtails and isopods in the substrate, and tons of live plants like mosses and ferns, a few succulents as well. I keep the humidity at 75% and temperature at 70. His age is 2+ years. I just know the person I got him from had it 2 years. I assume he was wild caught due to his aggression. Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable? Other food options I should try? I have also tried superworms. Krull pictured here was day I got him, before I had enclosure set up correctly.
He is in the hole in the new enclosure. He doesn't ever come out but rarely to drink water. (I know water dish is empty here, had to clean it out anyways) I have checked on him, he is still alive. Is this common?
If he's in his hole - he is content - as mentioned crickets don't burrow if you can't see any they will have been eaten or hiding. Best temp. range is low to mid 80s F. Leave him alone and keep his water dish full with good moist substrate - must be good if you have plants and moss - you may find you loose some moss with the higher temp.However the scorpion needs these temps. for proper digestion rather than just being happier.