Husband brought me a Wolf Spider - help!

Akitayoji

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My hubby came home from his cabin in Northern Wisconsin and gifted me with a Wolf Spider who was taking shelter on his 4 wheeler. I believe it is a female as she is about 1.5" (leg span). I see no bulbs on the pedipalps and do not think males get that large. Now I know nothing about the care of Wolf Spiders but I have raised Tarantulas for many years (all ages). As a spider lover, I feel guilty about taking it out of the wild and feel like I should release her. But, we live in the suburbs in Central Minnesota. Very different environment than she is from. So, I will keep her long enough for my husband to take her back to his cabin. Anyone have advice and words of wisdom for me? Substrate, water dish, no water dish, crickets, meal worms...???

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
very easy. few inches of substrate, (they like to burrow) water dish, done. they are crazy feeders, they have great vision for spiders and actively chase prey. they dont seem to care whether its mealies, criks, etc. they take on everything.

Akitayoji

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
very easy. few inches of substrate, (they like to burrow) water dish, done. they are crazy feeders, they have great vision for spiders and actively chase prey. they dont seem to care whether its mealies, criks, etc. they take on everything.
Thank you so much for your quick response!