Hungry-ass Vanuatu!

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm convinced this guy has recently molted. He seems a bit bigger all of a sudden. I'm pretty sure he's broken the 7" mark now. I'll measure later.

Atrax

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL! Sorry the pics are so juicy! *sigh* Goes with the territory I guess. :rolleyes:

Atrax

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it love? Nope, it's dinner! Actually, this pic should've been first. It was taken just seconds after the initial attack.

Atrax

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey ATRAX!

That is very BLOODY!! You should put up an enter at your own risk, before people look! YUCK!! BUT tight~!

James

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm...not really sure. :? I think there are several acute color variations of these guys. I've seen several in pics on-line anyhow.
:)

Atrax

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Atrax,

I noticed in both the pics of anoles being eaten, the pedes are chewing on the neck of the unfortunate creature. Is this something that pedes tend to go for when tackling a lizard (or mammal for that matter), or just a coincidence?

Cheers,

Dan.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Dan. Good question. Actually, it's just coincidence. Centipedes aren't really picky about what part they start with. Lucky for the anoles (atleast this time) they were started on head (or throat) first. The pede's venom is pretty fast acting on it's prey, but the pedes will start eating before the prey is dead regardless.

Atrax