Humor me...Most dangerous T?

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
On a serious note , discounting my earlier Mr. T and Captain Picard pics , the most dangerous T is any one that is owned by someone that that either bought it on a impulse with no prior knowledge or attempt at research or by someone who bought one to show it off to their friends . Its a lack a knowledge or reckless behavior that makes anything dangerous .When a person goes to an expo and buys a big OW T because they want to appear cool or make disgusting YouTube vids where they feed it mice or fight it against other animals that's when the red flags should start flying . They eventually will get bitten or even worse it escapes and a day or two later the toddler in the next apartment over takes a nasty bite . Then the law and local media get involved . Before you know it the city council has a referendum on the docket to make the owning arachnids illegal . T are not and never have been dangerous , it's stupid owners that are dangerous . Friends don't let dumb friends own arachnids . Please collect responsibly .

basin79

ArachnoGod
The most dangerous T is the one that bites you. A Brachypelma Smithi that bites you is more dangerous than a H.Mac that doesn't.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Come on everybody, you all know the horrible truth...every single tarantula is highly dangerous to humans.
Evidence shows that a person afflicted by T-fever is bound to be prone to addiction, loss of income, marital problems and loss of interest in anything other than T's.
If that is not dangerous, I don't know what is....
;)

bbrayrodz

Arachnopeon
relating back to the OP in this thread... 8 year old thread i may add...
i think as far as toxixity / pain of a bite is really negligible, pain is pain. ive been bitten by h.minax and p.ornata... pain was intense with both. i wasnt thinking, "wow this haplo bite is nothing compared to the ornata bite". i was simply thinking, "damn this hirts."

a more generalized answer would be pokies in general. they are fast, big, and can be aggressive/ skiddish.
S Calceatum is another, any fast arboreal can be nerve wracking to deal with.
they are quick, hard to predict, and can be on you in a second.. the next thing would be probability to bite... some ts might bolt and end up on you unintentionally, other ts like pokes and s.calc are probably trying to bite you.. therfore in my humble opinion they are the most "dangerous"

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Uh, P. Muticus slings have reached maturity since this thread started.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Yep, the most dangerous tarantula is the one who, when frightened, doesn't say "Oh my God! Run and hide!" or "Oh my God! Poop on her hand!" but rather says "Oh my God! Quick! Bite and save yourself!"

PetrZ

Arachnopeon
I think that this question is absolutelly bad. Dangerous tarantula? I do not think it is a problem of any tarantula. I think that question should be "Which tarantula does not allow you any mistakes?" or "Which tarantula allow me to be careless and which not?" But no tarrantula will came to you and bite you for nothing... For example, a bear or wolf can be dangerous, if you meet them in a forrest, they can attack you for nothing/food. But tarantulas? I think that the only danger are people unconscious of tarantulas characters.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I was actually Googling pictures of bad dog bites versus bad spider bites. Never been tagged by a tarantula, but I've been bitten by a Black Widow before, and I'd take that experience over ANY dog bite any day of the week!