Humidity

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
My chalcodes is hovering over its water dish, should I lightly wet a corner for a bit more humidity?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Well, it´s an arid species so a full water dish should be enough for a juvenile or an adult. How big is your specimen?

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I have two water dish, it's about 2.5 or 3 inches I haven't been able to measure it fully

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
But is it even s humidity problem or is it just doing its own thing, like I said, two water dishes

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
It's been like is, I also fed it abit 30 minutes ago, only time it's moved but it came right back

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Ignore the word humidity....its all about the substrate and the moisture its holding.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
You are worrying WAY too much with this tarantula. It's a tarantula... it is going to do weird tarantula things that we do not and never will understand. Also with this species, don't be worried when it completely buries itself for half a year and you only have a legit enclosure of dirt, hide (unless it's buried it too) and a water dish. As long as you have a water dish full of water, a hide, a legit amount of substrate for a terrestrial and a non shriveled abdomen...then seriously.... just sit back and relax.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
It has a good abdomen, it's about the size of its carapace...abit bigger and Its had two crickets the past two days