Humidity tips?

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is there a humidity monitor or other way to see if the temperature/humidity of a given area where slings will be kept. I mean, i don't think i need an individual temp/hum monitor for every enclosure.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'm looking for something along the lines of a communal monitor. is this possible?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Everything is possible... I guess. But you'd have to hook it up to a computer or something. Sounds complicated.

Unless we are talking a lot of slings, the easiest way is to squirt some water on the substrate of every cup avery couple of days/once a week and repeat and not worry to much.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Humidity guages IMO are not very accurate and not necessary for tarantulas. Spritzing the substrate, webbing or sides of the enclosures, lightly should do fine. You do not want it so damp that condensation forms, as that can get moldy.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi, you don't need a monitor or somekind of, if you have the Slings into a room, the temperature inside the room is okay & for humidity only put some water drops in one side of the enclosure twice each week. :D I guess that is enough.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah thanks guys. i figured that's what i had to do, but i'm a n00b with slings since i'm getting them today. better to be safe than sorry right?

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The amount of ventilation, room humidity, and where in the world you come from should determine when you water. For most sling let the substrate barely dry out, just a little.

You will have to make a determination when you should water. unfortunately every one believes that their home setup is like everyone else. If you give alot of ventilation, have a high temperature, and live in a low humidity area then you may need to water more. If you live in a high humidity, low temperature, and well ventilated container areas, then you need to water less.