Humidity problem

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey I just got my 2 Emp. Scorpions today and I set it up pretty nice. Earlier the humidity was pretty nice, averaging in 80, temp was about 80-90. Now the humidity is dropping low, i dunno why though (50 humidity). I have the false floor setup for more humidity, jungle mix (soil/bark) bag says its good for humid animals, coco fiber, and some moss on the top. 100 watt infrared light and a heating pad. Anyone have any idea why the humidity is dropping so low??!?

Thank you for your time and patience.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the tank had a lid, but it has a net top. do you recommend anything?

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Raising the humidity back to normal levels

I would get rid of the 100 w light

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if the heat is between 80-90 the light is fine...put plastic wrap over the top
leaving about 10% uncovered..if you see the humidity start to collect on the side, take the plastic wrap off for a few mins...

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah it seems to do fine with heat without the light. I use 1 heating pad but that doesn't give off much heat.... I'll stop by the store later on today and get some seran wrap.

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah it seems to do fine with heat without the light. I use 1 heating pad but that doesn't give off much heat.... I'll stop by the store later on today and get some seran wrap.
I had a problem with humidity, when running a 100w bulb. Replaced for a 50w and the humidity returned!