humidity problem

usher23

Arachnopeon
in my l.parabana "pink salmon" my humidity is always around 90% could this cause problems i cant get it too drop thanks steven

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Throw that hygrometer in the trash. They arent accurate in the first place. As long as the substrate isnt soupy wet its fine

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
agreed. Is yours a sling? I received mine at around 1" and until it hit about 3.5-4" I misted it's enclosure lightly every 2-3 days or so. Don't worry about humidity too much with this species except as a small T...but that goes for just about every species i can think of :p

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi what temperature are you keep it at the higher the temperature the lower the humidity thats what i found any way +++ phil

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Throw that hygrometer in the trash. They arent accurate in the first place. As long as the substrate isnt soupy wet its fine
i agree. they arent very accurate at all. like Brian said. just keep it moist (not wet) and you should be just fine.

Mizerie

Arachnopeon
My L.parahybana hates when i mist. It goes crazy and climbs to the top of the cage and try's to get out.

squamata99

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How's the ventilation in your setup? I've had T's that stoped feeding and started looking weak. (leblondi's, parybana's) I placed more holes in the containers - holes placed on the sides help air flow better- one died and the others recovered. Now I place enough ventilation and spray or water ground when needed.

bkirchner81

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would just like to know how you guys know exactly what kind of hygrometer this guy has?
I have a small digital one from a cigar shop that was $20 but EXTREMELY accurate- I tested it in various conditions alongside a commercial humidity sensor.

Its great.

usher23

Arachnopeon
i have an exo terra humidty gauge, ventalation is perfect no problems there

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have one of the little stick-on exo terra humidity gauges (the one with the moving needle) in my first T tank. I haven't bought another since for any of my other tanks. I live in Florida where the relative humidity never drops below 85% on the driest winter days, but the gauge has never read above 40%. I gave up. It sounds like bkirchner has a good one tho.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
My L.parahybana hates when i mist. It goes crazy and climbs to the top of the cage and try's to get out.
just a reaction to the water droplets hitting it, mine does it too...what is it doing about 10-15 minutes after you mist? Mine likes to groom itself or suck water off of the sides of the tank...

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would just like to know how you guys know exactly what kind of hygrometer this guy has?
I have a small digital one from a cigar shop that was $20 but EXTREMELY accurate- I tested it in various conditions alongside a commercial humidity sensor.

Its great.

The point is, as I understand it, that you really don't need one. Damp substrate indicates you have a humid environment, and provided you have proper ventilation, you don't need to know what the exact humidity is.

And I, too, can attest to the fact that those stick-on Exo-Terra hygrometers are garbage.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The point is, as I understand it, that you really don't need one. Damp substrate indicates you have a humid environment, and provided you have proper ventilation, you don't need to know what the exact humidity is.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Exactly:worship: