Humidity level and shipping question

hillie16

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If I order my spiders on Friday, they should be here Saturday with next day right? I only want to be sure because Saturdays are the only days I'm at home during the day.

Also I'm getting a B. Smithi and a L. Parahybana, do either of these require high humidity? I would assume the B. Smithi wouldn't....

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not unless you want to pay through the nose and specifically request Saturday delivery. None of the overnight carriers deliver on Saturday without paying quite a premium. Without special arrangements, placing an order on Friday means they'll wait until Monday to ship for Tuesday delivery. Regardless, always ask when they are shipping and request they email you the tracking number, never assume anything. If you don't get the tracking number when you expect, call them up and get it.

Can you have them delivered to where you work? That's what I always used to do with sensitive packages. Now my schedule is bit more flexible so I can always make arrangements. Other options include neighbors you could have them delivered to.

As for humidity, for juvenile and above, no, moisture is not an issue with smithi, although it's never a bad idea to keep slings moist. The salmon pink does like things moderately moist although humid is a bit of overkill. Slightly damp substrate will do.

hillie16

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Prolly gonna have to go with having them delivered to my parents house then...I'm a police officer so they can't deliver them to my work LOL

Thanks for the info!

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
tell the carrier to go flying through your town doing 100mph, youll get your t's...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by mebebraz
tell the carrier to go flying through your town doing 100mph, youll get your t's...

aahahahahahhahaa!!!!
there you go hillie16....now that's a solution!

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I orderd my sling, they sent it out the next day. I recieved it the following day. That makes TWO days from my ordering day. It depends on the day they send it.