Humidity for Desert Scorplings?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
This is just a quick question that probably isn't that complicated. Since I was thinking of buying a few Hottentotta species or parabuthus species, how do you handle humidity? I am always reading of people saying desert scorplings need slight humidity to molt properly. Does that mean a quick mist in the corner and leave it until it completely dries out, mist a corner every day? I'm new to any type of young invert care, so this is all new to me. Thanks!

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Hi, Don't stress out to much about it. If you live in a drier environment, once a week should be more than enough. If you put down a small water dish, such as a bottle cap that helps as well. They really don't need a crazy amount of humidity. I have actually raised Parabuthus without giving them any heat or humidity except for the small bottle cap of water, and they lived for many years after their last moult. I live in a semi-arid environment so that helps as well.

Arid species are really very hardy. ;)

Last edited:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Hi, Don't stress out to much about it. If you life in a drier environment, once a week should be more than enough. If you put down a small water dish, such as a bottle cap that helps as well. They really don't need a crazy amount of humidity. I have actually raised Parabuthus without giving them any heat or humidity except for the small bottle cap of water, and they lived for many years after their last moult. I live in a semi-arid environment so that helps as well.

Arid species are really very hardy. ;)
Probably just overthinking it, thanks!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I water a corner (or I guess section of wall since mine are in 16oz deli cups :p ) once a week and if there's still water on the wall the next day, then I watered too much. Parabuthus and Hottentotta are pretty hardy, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about it :)

AndreDecasa

Arachnopeon
I keep both species and the only thing I do for the adults is fill up their water dish, no misting done. When I had scorplings a mist on the wall would be enough for them, you can sometimes spot them drinking droplets of water, water dishes are risky at this stage because of the tendencies of drowning so I don't advice that and its kinda unnecessary at this stage. In conclusion these species of scorpions are really hardy and easy to care for you just have to focus on handling them because these are not that friendly. :)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I keep both species and the only thing I do for the adults is fill up their water dish, no misting done. When I had scorplings a mist on the wall would be enough for them, you can sometimes spot them drinking droplets of water, water dishes are risky at this stage because of the tendencies of drowning so I don't advice that and its kinda unnecessary at this stage. In conclusion these species of scorpions are really hardy and easy to care for you just have to focus on handling them because these are not that friendly. :)
Cool! Also thinking of the Babycurus species like gigas, but everyone says they are hard to rear from young. Why is this, and what is their humidity like?