Huge T. Blondi rehouse !!!! no joke

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks man, oh yeah, I know about how bad vertebrate to them. The more I think about it, As of late It seems she only get feed right after a molt or maybe 2-3x a year. Its more of very, very rare treat. : )
Specially, you dont want to mess such a beauty up ;) It has very nice proportions and looks really pretty :)

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its seems to be "known" that Theraphosa has close related problems with the moltings due to vertebrate pray feedings. Calcium seems to play a role into it.

Besides, it is not necessary neither recomended for the safety of the T ;)
Ive been thinking about this for sometime now, and its a bit risky even feeding rodents 2-3x a year, what if she molts right after feeding and with high calcium deposit. Its a a bit risky imo.
Ill just feed her mice right after a molt then, and thats it. Once a year!!!: )

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was gonna make you an offer on her, but since I saw she has a name, I dont wanted to sound dissrespectful.

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Specially, you dont want to mess such a beauty up ;) It has very nice proportions and looks really pretty :)
Thanks for noticing, I tried to keep her figure as sexy as possible (in tarantula way). Her abdomen shoudnt be much bigger than her carapace, Ive seen some pics of obese goliaths, I can almost bet there dragging there bellys as they walk, not to mention fatty deposits is always bad.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its seems to be "known" that Theraphosa has close related problems with the moltings due to vertebrate pray feedings. Calcium seems to play a role into it.

Besides, it is not necessary neither recomended for the safety of the T ;)

Thanks for the information; when I get around to getting a T. (insert species here) I'll be sure to send you a PM for a once over on care and stuff if you don't mind.

Additionally, if buying a T. burgandy/blondi from another keeper(since it just came up) what are somethings to look for in them when deciding whether to buy or not?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the information; when I get around to getting a T. (insert species here) I'll be sure to send you a PM for a once over on care and stuff if you don't mind.

Additionally, if buying a T. burgandy/blondi from another keeper(since it just came up) what are somethings to look for in them when deciding whether to buy or not?
You want to make sure to know if is WC or CB. WC doesnt mean NO WAY, but well, is always better to go with CB individuals.

If the T is WC, healthy Theraphosa that has been well taken care for should look plump, at least with the same size cephalotorax/abdomen, or slightly bigger. (better ;) )

Also, look for "wrinkles" on the abdomen (poorly hydrated).

Basically, get te info prior buying, and if it sounds like the guys has NO CLUE of what or when did he get the stock, dont buy it.

GregorSamsa

Arachnosquire
Wow! She is big and beautiful.

I love the plant mat idea... Have you experienced any problems with mold?

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love the plant mat idea... Have you experienced any problems with mold?[/QUOTE]

Not on this tank, maybe because im using plastic fake woods for aquarium for main hide, and real small wood (africa root/hard wood) for outside decorations.
I did got mold issues on another tank, and it was some braches I cut outside yard. If you got real wood, Ill stick with african root wood, a bit expensive at$6.99 a pound at fish stores. But to be safe stick with plastic woods if u can.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Just to let you know, most WC Goliaths will have shrunken abdomen and will all look like males (So you need to get them on another clear plastic container to see for sign of being female/ very easy to spot upside down.) Just make sure they act fiesty when you disturb them, kicking hairs or bitting.
But still buying WC is a bit risky imo, since most carry parasites and are always sick.

Last edited: