huge g. rosea

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
was at the pet store and they have a g. rosea that is huge. couldnt really measure it but was well over 6 inch's. was very tempted to buy her although i have 8 now. i may go back tomorrow and see if they will let me measure her.
has anyone ever seen one that big? i know she was bigger and bulkier than my mature h. gigus. or is there one that looks close enough to pass for a g. rosea that gets well over 6 inch's.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Over 6"? Thats a mutant. Id get her just for that factor lol.........now a days in pet stores that a mutant is what I mean..... lately I have noticed the g roseas in pet stores are getting smaller and smaller..... which is not so good because that means they are pulling from the wild smaller and smaller because they cant find bigger............. that spells trouble in the future. :8o

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i've seen roseas that big once or twice (size also depends on location), but usually, very big specimen are very old. so you might be getting a t that will not live very long... though with a rosea, that could still mean 5-10 years;).

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i really have enough rosea's now so i probably wont buy her. just never knew they could get that big. the only mature female i have now is only about 3.5 inch's. i kept 7 of her offsping so i just wonder if they will be small also, guess time will tell. they are just under 2 years old so i have a bit to wait and see.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How much are they asking for her?

And I thought my girl was big. She was bought on 10-1-99 as a spiderling.

Last edited:

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have one that is RCF and 7.5-8". she was that big when i got her. I'll try to dig some pics up, but i lost alot of them in a comp crash:wall:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they are wanting 15 bucks for her. they have a curly hair for 20 also im thinking about getting. is about 2 inch's long. am going today to get crickets and see if they are still there.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My female is around 6 1/4 inches and grew about 1/2 last molt. She still might have more size in her after a few more molts but I can't imagine she'll get much bigger. At 15 bucks, I'd grab her.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've paid $15 just to look at a mutant, let alone own one... I love my FREAKS !

I'd pick it up ! That's better than seeing a seven legged calf, and a pickeled punk anyday !