HUGE brown recluse

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
was just in Arkansas for vaca last week, looking for spiders too ya know ;)
but i found a gigantic brown recluse, biggest i've EVER seen, that includes pics on the internet too!:eek: i swear the thing has a 2+inch legspan and an almost 1/2 inch long body! something definitely NOT to be messed with.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha

Somebodies been feeding him good or he's been looking for food and getting it haha!!

rmlee

Arachnopeon
This is one of the two biggest I've come across by the furnace.
I'd guess this one is just under 2"
In the second pic part of that leg broke off and is stuck above and to the left.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
niiiiice pics!! love it! i'll see if i can get a pic of mine. the dude is pretty fast tho...

rmlee

Arachnopeon
niiiiice pics!! love it! i'll see if i can get a pic of mine. the dude is pretty fast tho...
Still no luck?

I thought about keeping one and seeing how big he'd get but something has contaminated the fish bowl he was living in.
Right after I posted the pics, I went out to the garage to grab my laundry and one was coming my way so I snagged him/her and stuck it in the fishbowl with the other.
The other had darkened in color some already and neither seemed to mind the other being there but the next morning they were both curled up dead.
It makes no sense to me.

I kept one in an empty 20oz bottle for 3 weeks and all the sudden this one couldn't last overnight??
I had stuck a very small amount of water in there so maybe that had something to do with it.

The little crab spider has been in there with them for a few days and is still alive lol.
I have a short video (crap quality) of him taking a jab at the recluse and he didn't bother fighting back.
They both just seemed to go their own ways.