How'd that get in there?!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I'm having a small problem. A black widow has wandered into my T. blondi's terrarium, and set up residence. It doesn't seem to be disturbing him, but I'm worried that it might. I'm also worried about it wandering back out.

What would be the best way to deal with this thing, without getting bitten?

-Bryan

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Everytime I have caught a black widow I have just plopped a jar on top of it when it leasts expects it. ALthough when you remove the lid of the terrarium it will probably bolt.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Herd it into a jar with a paintbrush and take it outside. They're not aggressive and no harder to goad around than a sling, and not even as fast as most of them.

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, First you got to be really careful, they will take your hand off if you're not paying attention. Second, you got to make sure you wear 3 pairs of gloves so they can't bite through to the skin. Third, always, and I mean always, be sure to show the people on arachnopets you're afraid of a little black widow. hehe :D
I'm just jokin', they can barely move faster than a snail.

-Jeremy

redbadger

Arachnopeon
..Someone else has a problem with unwanted spider tenents as well! They only move into my Avic's housing...I started to notice a strange behavior from my male Avic...he was acting far more pet rock then usual....I was dropping a cricket in and noticed something small chasing it...It was a commom house spider with quite the lovely web ...which I removed to outside along with her eggsac....I figure it must mean it is such a nice enviroment ...fit for every spiders dream house...This is my third removal this fall/winter.....