How well can you spell tarantula names?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does everyone get the same amount of letters to fill in? If not then the score you attain will vary each time and not be an equal chance for everyone.
Ah.

The number of letters and which letters disappear are randomized, so the questions are never exactly the same.
Per your question, it appears the latter is true.

However, longer words take longer to type, resulting in less time on the timer when you're finished. Smaller words (or words with fewer letters to fill in) will take less time. It might not be completely even, but it helps to make up for it.

The problem I have run in to most so far is actually typing the words faster than the cursor can move from letter to letter.

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Does everyone get the same amount of letters to fill in? If not then the score you attain will vary each time and not be an equal chance for everyone.
Joe answered your question. :) I think if someone plays a couple of times the average chance is pretty close for everyone.

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just got it again, and that extra 'n' is still there. :}

High score 798.
I made the correction but likely the new copy won't show up on your computer until you .. .

Click on tools (upper right coener of Explorer)
Click on Internet Options (At the bottom of the drop down menu.)
Click on Delete (Under the General Tab - Browsing History)
Check Temporary Internet Files and Click Delete.

Or next time the computer refreshes. :)

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I see a few more are able to post their scores. Joe, could you please try to post your score again? Thanks.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Still doesn't work. Deleted temp. internet files and also tried with Safari. I'll try Firefox next.

EDIT: Firefox doesn't work either.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tom, Do one for North American birds so I can play! :D

Terry

edit- I'm about to try though.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
cool game!Isn't Avicularia amazonica an undescribed species tho?That one threw me off!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Didn't do half-bad considering how well studied I am. Can't remember exact high thus far but 609 sounds right.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
726 so far. No problem with spelling but can't type- hunt n' peck:wall:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Great game

Tom, Very fun game- 746 was my best. Looking forward to trying again many times later.

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
it's "hobbyist" ...
Ouch!! Thanks :) I did a quick search on yahoo and found 964,012 sites that also spelled it wrong. That makes me feel better. :)

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. I changed my server settings. Maybe now everyone can post. :?