How warm do you keep your house?

Le Wasp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sure this gets asked every winter, but the board search failed me.

How warm do people here keep their houses/tarantula rooms in the winter? Personally, I've been known to be a cheapskate by keeping my house fairly cool, but I also want to keep my tarantulas healthy.

So, what does everyone else do in the winter? Do you keep your house warm because of temperature-sensitive species? Are you trying to grow your Ts faster by keeping it extra warm? Or do you let your house get fairly cool?

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I personally freeze at 74 degrees, so I keep mine at 75 all winter :D - - but I'm told that I'm not normal.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I personally freeze at 74 degrees, so I keep mine at 75 all winter :D - - but I'm told that I'm not normal.
I'm in the same boat. My house is 74 right now, and i'm wearing a hoodie and snuggled under a blanket. Our house is usually between 74-76 this time of year. Due to the rising cost of gas (and our heater runs on gas), i may change that to about 72 and put a small space heater in the T room at night. I have a tortoise that also lives in this room, and he definitely needs the warmth.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thermostat is showing 77.7 right now.I try to maintain 77-80 all year around.Every now and then low 70's during the summer when its 110+ outside..

SK8TERBOI

Arachnopeon
Well we Try to Keep it at 75° But lately as it has gotten cooler its averaging 63° according to the thermostat

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We are keeping it in the mid to low 60's right now, once the wind kicks up we will keep it a bit warmer but not much.

Chaika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We keep ours at 22 deg C during the day (72F) and 19 at night (66F). So none of my inverts get extra heating, only the gecko.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I dont worry about heating my house...I heat my T enclosures keep them between 72-75 the rest of the house about 65

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I'm in the same boat. My house is 74 right now, and i'm wearing a hoodie and snuggled under a blanket. Our house is usually between 74-76 this time of year. Due to the rising cost of gas (and our heater runs on gas), i may change that to about 72 and put a small space heater in the T room at night. I have a tortoise that also lives in this room, and he definitely needs the warmth.
Apparently Homo sapiens sp. "Oklahoma" is similar to Homo sapiens sp. "Floridian" - Proper care includes keeping between 75 and 80 degrees, a wii, and as much red meat and Dr. Pepper as they can consume.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a question for those who get into the low 70's and 60's, do the rooms with the T's contain carpet flooring or is it wood/tile? I know my house is mostly tile but my room, my t-room, is carpet. I maintain 78-85 by either opening the window or the door if it's too hot and closing them if it's too cold. but i also use my computer to heat up things as well.

thats my question, is the room carpet, tile, or wood?

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I only have one thermostat and it is downstairs. I keep it around 68 in the winter. My T's are upstairs in a room on the Northwest side of the house, in the winter we often have strong NW winds that go right through the cracks in the window which cools the room significantly. On the other hand, on a nice sunny day the room gets nice and warm. So winter temps 60-75, summer 75-93. My T's seem to make it through perfectly fine!