Answered How to upload media to make albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos4eva

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone
I'm recently new in the hobby and the Website. Could anybody help me on how to upload media to make albums? I'm using the PC now instead of the cell.
Thanks in advance

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hello everyone
I'm recently new in the hobby and the Website. Could anybody help me on how to upload media to make albums? I'm using the PC now instead of the cell.
Thanks in advance
Hi Chaos4eva,

Welcome to the site :) Only users with "Arachnosupporter" or "Arachnosupporter plus" upgrades can create albums in the gallery. To upload media in a post, you just add the attachment in your post. To upload media to the gallery, you go to the gallery, click "add media" and select the proper category to upload it to.

Regards,
MrD

Chaos4eva

Arachnopeon
Hi Chaos4eva,

Welcome to the site :) Only users with "Arachnosupporter" or "Arachnosupporter plus" upgrades can create albums in the gallery. To upload media in a post, you just add the attachment in your post. To upload media to the gallery, you go to the gallery, click "add media" and select the proper category to upload it to.

Regards,
MrD
Tks for the information!
I'll give it a try in a bit

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
How to create a personal album (Arachnosupporters only):
  1. Go to Gallery -> Your Albums.
  2. Click "Add Media" near the top-right corner.
  3. Where it says, "Add media to," select "An album."
  4. To create a new album, select "Create an album" from the drop-down menu. (If you are not seeing this option on the mobile version, try the desktop version.)
  5. Where it says "People Who May Add media to," please choose "Owner Only." Otherwise, less attentive members will often upload their images to other people's albums.)
  6. To add photos to one of your existing albums, select the relevant album under "Your Albums."

How to upload to a public gallery:
  1. In the top menu bar, click "Gallery."
  2. Select the relevant image category from the menu on the left.
  3. Click "Add Media" (near the upper-right corner).
  4. Select "Upload an image from your files" (should be selected by default).
  5. Click "Upload Image."
  6. Select the image file on your computer or phone.
  7. Add a title (preferably including the scientific species name) and description.
  8. Click "Save Media."

How to embed images in forum posts, gallery comments, or conversations:
  1. Open the image (in Arachnoboards) that you want to embed.
  2. Copy the code in "Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code" or "Share BB GALLERY Code." (Both of these options allow the user to click the image for a link to the source.)
  3. Paste the code where you want the image to be in your forum post, gallery comments, or conversations.

"Share BB IMG (With Thumbnail) Code" results in a small preview with a link to the original:

"Share BB GALLERY Code" results in a large preview with a link to the original:

Status
Not open for further replies.