How to tell if my scorp is pregnant

Strikingserpent

Arachnopeon
I've had her about a month now. She's very aggressive. Killed her tank mate and she does look a little plump. The pet store had her for months they said but who knows honestly any help or advice will be appreciated. She also ate the tank mate she killed but that was about 2 weeks ago and she's refused all food since. 16344800257915438593592637192543.jpg 20211017_101650.jpg 20211017_101545.jpg

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Put her in a catch cup and shine a flashlight through her side. You may see the babies you may not. If you don’t, wait and try again in a month or two. You’ll know eventually regardless. The scorplings aren’t difficult to care for. My Heterometrus sp. had them around 6 months ago. Really nothing to worry about if she does. And this looks like P. imperator, I wouldn’t attempt to keep her communally again.

Edit: on a side note, I currently have 6 Heterometrus sp. and 1 P. imperator, along with several species of desert scorps. I’ve heard people say quite often they are “docile” and “handleable” etc. but in my experience, not one I’ve had has been either. Scorpions are not friendly critters and are easily annoyed when messed with. Every single one I’ve had has been, so don’t expect them to be chill and handleable. Some if not most just aren’t, and that doesn’t indicate that she’s gravid.

Strikingserpent

Arachnopeon
True. I'm not planning on it again. Would like to breed her eventually considering just how hard they are to obtain

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
True. I'm not planning on it again. Would like to breed her eventually considering just how hard they are to obtain
I would suggest if she’s your only scorpion and you aren’t sure how to tell if she’s gravid, I would do a lot of research and wait. I wouldn’t say it’s as difficult as breeding tarantulas but it definitely requires a good bit of knowledge and basic experience caring for them due to problems that can arise. And they aren’t really that hard to find in my opinion, i see them quite often in pet stores. And make sure you have practice sexing scorpions, etc. wouldn’t want to pair males up.