How to tell if beetle is dying?

lNSECTOID

Arachnopeon
Lesser stag beetle been with me for 4 months i think now and im struggling to cope with the thought of her dying because today she was very sluggish and im trying to feed her sweet things but she wont eat. im horribly upset and ive been crying for a while now. she is very important to me and i dont know where else to post this, what are the signs of them dying? she is stiff and barely walks and is sluggish.

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
I agree with A cave cricket, yet let's give the beetle all the hope we can! Back in the days when my mum had all sorts of beetles, the little guys got sluggish as well when the temperature dropped or when they were thirsty. Placing your pal on a wet paper towel and turning up the heat might help, unless you're already in a warm area or have a water source already available for her. I'm so sorry to hear about your poor buddy! I have my fingers crossed that she can recover, and just in case she doesn't, you have my condolences. Stag beetles are majestic and I quite feel your grief.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
most stag beetles just don't have very long lifespans. For a small species like that 4 months is probably a pretty long time.

lNSECTOID

Arachnopeon
I agree with A cave cricket, yet let's give the beetle all the hope we can! Back in the days when my mum had all sorts of beetles, the little guys got sluggish as well when the temperature dropped or when they were thirsty. Placing your pal on a wet paper towel and turning up the heat might help, unless you're already in a warm area or have a water source already available for her. I'm so sorry to hear about your poor buddy! I have my fingers crossed that she can recover, and just in case she doesn't, you have my condolences. Stag beetles are majestic and I quite feel your grief.
i will do both of these things when i come home, the temperature has dropped, so maybe thats why. thank you :depressed: