How to teach your pet spider tricks

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
***Hey ! I dont write this stuff OK? I just copy and paste it......

How to Teach a Pet Spider Tricks
By eHow Pets Editor

Rate: (4 Ratings)

Spiders can be good starter pets for children and adults alike. They are easy to maintain, inexpensive to keep and don't require much attention. With the proper motivation, you might be able to teach your spider a trick or two. Read on to learn more.

Things You’ll Need:
· Live insects
· Spider movies and videos

Step1
Make sure your pet spider knows that you love it unconditionally. Even if it fails at learning the tricks, let it know you still care. A spider with low self-esteem could be headed for months of therapy.

Step2
Watch videos and movies of talented spiders together. "Charlotte's Web" or "Spider-Man" are classics. The Discovery Channel website is another good choice.

Step3
Capture live insects as positive rewards. When your pet spider does a trick properly, give it a bug. Your pet will soon realize that impressing you with tricks gets him a tasty treat.

Step4
Set reasonable goals for your pet spider. Don't teach your pet too many tricks too fast. Performance failure could cause severe depression in spiders. Depression is characterized by fatigue, loss of appetite and a loss of web-spinning ability.

Step5
Add one or two more spiders to the cage. Some shy spiders perform better in groups. Of course, some spiders may eat their partners but you'll find out if you have a shy spider or a hungry spider within the first day or two.

Step6
Teach tricks that the spider can accomplish easily. Not all spiders are shaped the same and some cannot perform certain tricks. For instance, you should not try teaching a daddy-long-legs to roll over. A better trick for this spider might be to shake hands (or legs).

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you know that actually works! :eek:
I have an OBT that can stand on just four legs, and she's begging for hugs all the time! :rolleyes: