how to stop bleeding for good ? please help.

justinherran

Arachnopeon
Okay so my avic molted about a week ago but she did it in a small little hole in the wood in her enclosure (im taking the wood out putting corkbark slab like i should of in the first place) well when she molted the tip of one of her front feet got messed up and now its bleeding i noticed it around 4 days ago and immediately got some flour on it, now about 15 mintues i opened her little icu too see if it was better but when i opened it she got scared and her foot was stuck to the wall, she pulled it and now its bleeding again. i manage to again get some flour on it but i feel like that obviously is only temp. so i was wondering what you guys think i should do ?:confused:

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

:wall:here are some pictures the first one is of her leg a day after i got the bleeding to stop the first time

here is just now after i got some flour on it

i realize these pictures arent very great its with my phone sorry.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

okay so i just looked at her after cleaning up the mess of flour and her foot is in her mouth..?

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
She's probably cleaning her wound now. You'd do the same if someone put a ton of flour on you if you were bleeding. Try some super glue or liquid bandage, it dries faster and less sticky then flour does so she'd be less likely to freak and pull it off and start bleeding again. But wait to see what happens after she pulls her foot out of her mouth, she might have fixed herself.

justinherran

Arachnopeon
i will, im just worried that she hasnt eaten since her molt when should i feed her, also when should i take her out of the little icu shes in ?

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I usually feed about 2 weeks after a molt so she will be fine for a while yet.
Also if the bleeding has stopped and she is showing normal behavior, you could probably take her out of the ICU.