How to ship slings

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Just wondering if I were to end up finding someone to make a trade for my approximately 100 Phidippus audax slings, how would you recommend shipping them? All of them in a 8oz deli with some slightly misted napkins? They haven't gone cannibal yet, and they're probably 1/10" at most. About ant sized lol. I've never shipped anything living so I would like as much info as possible before I try.

@cold blood (tagged you because you're the most experienced one I know in shipping, thought you may have some ideas)

Kumo Punch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know it's time consuming but I'd recommend using straws with tissue to plug the ends.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know it's time consuming but I'd recommend using straws with tissue to plug the ends.
Slings in straw plugged with tissue, straws in vial or film canisters with ventilation holes poked in them, vial/film canister in styrofoam box filled with crumpled or shredded newspaper or other packing medium, styrofoam box inside a bigger box filled with more packing medium.

That's at least how I've gotten scorplings sent to me and what most unpacking videos show.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Even if I made a bulk trade to a single person? I would still want to separate them all individually?

smiittyy

Arachnosquire
Even if I made a bulk trade to a single person? I would still want to separate them all individually?
Imo i would just ask the buyer.

But If someone is going to be trading for a hundred slings that means there most likely going to be selling them. They would need them packed individually so they can trasfer them to their own individual containers.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
If its a bulk order, just bunch up some lightly misted paper towel and but it in s deli cup with all the spiderlings together. They will find their own nooks and crannies to hide and hang out on until they arrive at their destination.

Later, Tom